High-Risk Pregnancy

GD... now what?

Had my Glucose screening today and results were 240... I guess a 'normal' range would not be more than 130.  I figured my Dr would tell me that I had to do the 3hr test, but the nurse said that usually over 200 they skip the 3hr test and just diagnose as GD.  So what does this mean?  This is my 4th pregnancy, but I never screened positive before.  I heard that GD babies are bigger than average, which worries me because my first 3 LO's were all over 9 1/2 pounds.   Thanks in advance!!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: GD... now what?

• If your GD is controlled you should not have a bigger baby. Uncontrolled GD would have the higher risk.  The bigger risks are placenta deterioration and lung maturity.  You will see a diabetic educator that will teach you a meal plan and how to use a meter.   The meal usually limits carbs and ups your protein.  You will also be snacking between all meals.  Everyone reacts different.  For me I could not have fruit,  no processed carbs, and only milk at dinner.  Some people can do great with any of those any time of the day.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"