September 2012 Moms

where did the mouth-filters go? (vent)

people, i am pregnant. not deaf, not dumb, and not okay with asinine remarks!

friend: you're getting so big...do you have stretchmarks?

me: um...yes?

friend: oh, you must HATE how being pregnant has destroyed your body! ugh, i feel SO SORRY for you.

um...wtf?? 

first of all, i like my stretchmarks! maybe i'm weird, but mine have spireled out from my belly button into this mandella-esque circle, which the hippy-dippy chick in me just adores. second of all, i actually think stretchmarks aren't the worst thing in the world. my body has done crappier sh!t to me; i can handle a few purple lines. and third of all...my body is NOT destroyed! and why do you think it's okay to say that to me?

ugh....anyone else dealing with people and their complete lack of verbal control? 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Marian Abigail :: born 9-16-2012 via emergency C/S
BFP on 11-14-2014, aiming for a VBAC

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: where did the mouth-filters go? (vent)

• Yes but it doesn't usually bother me if it's someone I like.  You should still say something to her --i.e. that you expect some changes but your body is not AT ALL being destroyed...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • People never have their filters on, and it sucks when you just have to roll with it.

In other news, I can't say that I like my stretchmarks, but I'm also not going to jump off a cliff over them. I just apply my Cocoa Butter stuff often, but I know it's basically pointless. 

Vroom, vroom.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Planning Bio | Married Bio | Blog

• Loading the player...
  • imageJessAndTrav:

People never have their filters on, and it sucks when you just have to roll with it.

In other news, I can't say that I like my stretchmarks, but I'm also not going to jump off a cliff over them. I just apply my Cocoa Butter stuff often, but I know it's basically pointless.

i do the same to keep my skin healthy, but i've just embraced my stretchmarks.

also your signature pretty much makes my life happy every time i see it.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Marian Abigail :: born 9-16-2012 via emergency C/S
    BFP on 11-14-2014, aiming for a VBAC

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My MIL asked me today if she could call me "Chubby." I wasn't exactly offended because I haven't seen her in a while so it wasn't a direct comment on how I actually look, but I was amused/mildly shocked she'd go there. Isn't that one of the most obvious things about interacting with pregnant women that EVERYONE is supposed to know?! We're not getting fat. We're growing and carrying little humans! 

I just laughed and said, "Well, I'm not chubby, I'm PREGANT!" and she said something like, "oh I thought you'd say that." haha

Sorry about your friend, though--that's all a bit ridiculous. Good for you for not actually giving a f%ck!  

• imagerachelandjon09:
    imageJessAndTrav:

People never have their filters on, and it sucks when you just have to roll with it.

i do the same to keep my skin healthy, but i've just embraced my stretchmarks.

also your signature pretty much makes my life happy every time i see it.  

Well thanks! :) 

Vroom, vroom.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Planning Bio | Married Bio | Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"