August 2012 Moms

Birth Plan - Procrastinating Here

So, at my last appt two weeks ago, Dr told me to put my birth plan together and bring to the next appt (which is tomorrow).  She suggested writing or typing it out, printing two copies and sign - one copy for the office and one for us to keep in our hospital bag.  She wants to review it tomorrow with me first and guess who hasn't even started it!!!  This girl!

I know what I want, but how do you write all this out...anyone have any suggestions?  I plan on typing it too, since I have the handwriting of a 5th grader.

Re: Birth Plan - Procrastinating Here

• Here's a worksheet that you can use to guide you: https://assets.babycenter.com/ims/Content/birthplan_pdf.pdf

It's what I used and it seemed to cover it all.

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• imageAmbsies:

I googled "birth plan" and went through a bunch of sites until I found one that was best for me.  It basically just has check boxes and some blank spots to fill in what you want and don't want.  Then you just sign the bottom.  It made it really simple.

Get out of my head!  LOL!  I was just googling after I typed this.  Thanks so much for the suggestion...I am a check list person, so that format would be awesome!

• Loading the player...
  • There's one on the bump! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAmbsies:

I googled "birth plan" and went through a bunch of sites until I found one that was best for me.  It basically just has check boxes and some blank spots to fill in what you want and don't want.  Then you just sign the bottom.  It made it really simple.

yep, I just did this today, actually. I went to childbirth.org and they had a birth plan tool to use where you mark your preferences and then they email an outlined version to you. easy peasy! 

TTC since October 2010 | BFP 12/29/11 | RRQ BORN 08/26/12
    planned | married | blogged
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Haven't even thought of one.

I'd say just write out exactly what you want very clearly so there's no confusion. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • This makes me smile a bit after my appt this week.  DH asked me to ask about our birth plan.  We pretty much knew we were getting a c-section but just in case he wanted me to ask.  So I ask.  My doctor shakes her head has a smile on her face and says...doctors and nurses laugh at birth plans.

I love my doctor.  There's a reason my good friend calls her the baby nazi.  lol

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • My birth plan was....have baby....go with the flow. That's what we're doing again.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • kelnyckelnyc member
    imageScorpgirl444:

This makes me smile a bit after my appt this week.  DH asked me to ask about our birth plan.  We pretty much knew we were getting a c-section but just in case he wanted me to ask.  So I ask.  My doctor shakes her head has a smile on her face and says...doctors and nurses laugh at birth plans.

I love my doctor.  There's a reason my good friend calls her the baby nazi.  lol

My doctor actually asked me for one. They like to know what we want ahead of time so they don't have to ask a million questions. But around here (SF), people are VERY crunchy granola, earth mama types who tend to be extremely particular, lol!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• imageScorpgirl444:

This makes me smile a bit after my appt this week.  DH asked me to ask about our birth plan.  We pretty much knew we were getting a c-section but just in case he wanted me to ask.  So I ask.  My doctor shakes her head has a smile on her face and says...doctors and nurses laugh at birth plans.

LOL!  My sister was an L&D nurse for years and said the same thing to me.  I was a little thrown when she asked me for one, but I mainly would like one for the "little things" that I'm sure I won't remember to do or say or tell.  The big things, I'll know just to make sure they don't do...no formula (I'm attempting BFing), no circ for LO, DH wants to cut the cord (not a biggie to me, but the man is obssessed with doing this, so I figured, why not let him have something)...LOL!

• irerirer member

imagesecretkeeper321:
    My birth plan was....have baby....go with the flow. That's what we're doing again.

This! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The hospital I'm delivering in actually requires one, so we're filling out their form specifically. My midwife told me to start on it before our next appointment, and when I asked her about the "laughing" thing, she made a face.

"Nobody laughs that you have a birth plan if it's done well. They laugh when it's unreasonable and the woman presenting it is a PITA."

I luh her.

• I used this one: https://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/free-birth-plan

When you hit print it organizes all the information for you.  Saves you having to type. All you have to do is check boxes.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"