Working Moms
Options

When to give nanny notice?

We've had our nanny for almost 2 years.  DD is 2.5 and we are thinking about sending her to preschool when she turns 3 in January.  I've started doing research about preschools in our area and DH and I are going to tour one next week.  I haven't hidden this from our nanny, mainly because I didn't want her to accidentally come across a list of preschools on the table and freak out.  She knows that DD will be going to preschool within the next year and she has mentioned before how sad she will be, how DD will do well in preschool, etc.  So, once we decide on a preschool and put down a deposit, should we tell our nanny right away?  It would be like 5-6 month notice.  She has already told us that she and her husband are planning to TTC within the next year, so she will not be looking for another nanny position after DD goes to preschool.

Re: When to give nanny notice?

• Options
    I would let her know right away, what would be the point of withholding the date from her?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I live in Florida, and she isn't looking to get a new job anyway, but I was thinking to myself as I was reading your post - send her to me!! I will need a nanny starting in January - that would be perfect!! Well, if she wants to relocate... LOL

Anyway - to answer your question - I would just tell her when you have made a concrete decision. It sounds like you don't have to worry about her looking for another job and quitting before Jan since she isn't planning on getting another one anyway.

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If she is not going to look for another position, then I would just tell her as soon as you know. Is the preschool all day? Would you still need her to do any pickups/dropoffs or stay with your DD while you are still at work? 
  • Options
    I guess there is no reason to not tell her as soon as we've made our decision.  It will be full day preschool(DH will drop off at 7:30 and I will pick up at 4), so we won't need her anymore.  We'd love to use her as an occasional babysitter if she's interested. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"