Pregnant after IF

Crib or Pack n Play for sitters?

My mom is retired to watch her grandchildren.  My SIL and I are both due on the same date and we told her that we would buy a crib or something for them to sleep in.  The room for the babies to sleep is not that big.  Would you suggest that I purchase a full crib or do you think the baby would be fine in a pack and play when he sleeps there?  Thanks for your input!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Crib or Pack n Play for sitters?

• I would say a crib, its going to last longer and with being used by two babies I would think its a little sturdier and would hold up better. unless the kids wont be there all the time then I suppose a pnp would be fine.

p.s. i would still choose the crib

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
    ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • right now we are living with IL's, and we are using a p&p since we are sharing a bedroom with LO and it saves space, but we are also using the rock&play which she sleeps in right now.....but the p&p is a great space saver, since it also has changing table attached to it so save on having more furniture, it's very sturdy, but hoping we are in a house of our own before she's out of the bassinet feature, i'm very short, and the reach to the bottom of the p&p is far LOL
    **~*Noelle*~**
    Happily Wed DH in May 2010
    June 2012: DD#1 born after countless fertility cycles, our 4 year old miracle 
    TTC #2: current cycle: 225iu Menopur for 4 weeks, Ovidrel Trigger= BFP! Beta #1; 333, Beta #2 713! 1st u/s showed TWINS (7/18)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • kegkeg member
    One question I have would be is if she plans to use this room for anything other than naps.  If so, pack n plays are definitely more versatile and she can take them down if she needs the space for something else.  I have 3.5 year olds that still occasionally sleep in pack n plays so I know that they will last for a while. 
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Thanks ladies for your in-put!  My SIL and I are each buying a crib/pack n play for our children.  The babies will not sharing a crib.  I did see on BRU the mini cribs.  That might be something to look into, thanks!
  • imagekeg:
    One question I have would be is if she plans to use this room for anything other than naps.  If so, pack n plays are definitely more versatile and she can take them down if she needs the space for something else.  I have 3.5 year olds that still occasionally sleep in pack n plays so I know that they will last for a while. 

The room will just be used for naps but there will be three children there taking a nap in a small room.  2 or which will be infants.  I don't think my mother would take the pack n plays down as she does have arthritis in her hands and that would be too much for her each day.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"