November 2011 Moms

I need help with this...

Hi Ladies,

My DH and I are planning a family trip about 5 hours driving from home.  It will be close to the beach but the hotel has indoor and outdoor pools.

What are must have items I should take and What is your thought on LO and public pools?

TIA

~Caleb~ If i could have a lifetime wish, a dream that would come true, I'd pray to God with all my heart, for yesterday and you. D&E 8/24/2012 EDD 1/28/2013 ___________________________________________________ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I need help with this...

• As far as LO and public pools, I have no problem with them. DD is having swimming "lessons" in one at our local community rec center. I try to keep her from swallowing water, but it is inevitable that she will ingest some if we're splashing around and stuff.

When I take her to the pool, we keep it simple. She is in her suit and I have a little terrycloth coverup for her to wear after she gets out of the pool and after I dry her off. One thing I need to still get that would be super helpful, especially if it is just the two of us and DH isn't with us, is an umbrella stroller that I can set her in while I am getting dressed or wrapping up in a towel. That is hard to do carrying a baby! As for in the pool, I would have a floating thing for baby to sit in, perhaps with a canopy to keep her shaded and out of the sun. Also a hat and sunblock. :-) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagegracefulruby33:

As far as LO and public pools, I have no problem with them. DD is having swimming "lessons" in one at our local community rec center. I try to keep her from swallowing water, but it is inevitable that she will ingest some if we're splashing around and stuff.

When I take her to the pool, we keep it simple. She is in her suit and I have a little terrycloth coverup for her to wear after she gets out of the pool and after I dry her off. One thing I need to still get that would be super helpful, especially if it is just the two of us and DH isn't with us, is an umbrella stroller that I can set her in while I am getting dressed or wrapping up in a towel. That is hard to do carrying a baby! As for in the pool, I would have a floating thing for baby to sit in, perhaps with a canopy to keep her shaded and out of the sun. Also a hat and sunblock. :-) 

Thanks for replying, very helpful :) One more thing, what kind of sunblock?

~Caleb~ If i could have a lifetime wish, a dream that would come true, I'd pray to God with all my heart, for yesterday and you. D&E 8/24/2012 EDD 1/28/2013 ___________________________________________________ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagetailanis:
    imagegracefulruby33:

As far as LO and public pools, I have no problem with them. DD is having swimming "lessons" in one at our local community rec center. I try to keep her from swallowing water, but it is inevitable that she will ingest some if we're splashing around and stuff.

Ditto PP on all accounts. We use Neutrogena Pure & Free baby sunblock. DS is very fair and has very sensitive skin, and we have no issues with it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemabenner1:
    imagetailanis:
    imagegracefulruby33:

Ditto PP on all accounts. We use Neutrogena Pure & Free baby sunblock. DS is very fair and has very sensitive skin, and we have no issues with it!

Great! Thank you :)

• 1) Sunblock

2) Pack N Play (unless you cosleep... but I personally wouldn't want LO to sleep in a hotel bed)

3) Something for LO to float in in the pool

4) Tylenol/Motrin just in case

5) If your baby gets easily dehydrated I would bring a small container of pedialite

6) Bathing Suit for LO as well as swimming diapers (not necessary, but if LO poops in the pool it could get embarassing)

7) A sun hat for LO

8) Beach umbrella

• We just got back from the beach, and I loved the iPlay swim diaper for DS. The disposable swim diapers won't hold any pee so the pools around here ask that you also put plastic bloomers on over top of a disposable swim diaper. Public pools are fine for me/LO, I just make sure to wash the chemicals off as soon as possible. GL, I hope you have a great vacation!!

https://www.myswimbaby.com/iPlay_bymfg_4-0-1.html

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"