Pregnant after IF

Ladies with Anterior Placenta...

Is it typical to feel the baby a lot for a few days, and then have a day where you don't feel him/her much at all?  I know I'm still considered on the earlier end of when people with anterior placenta feel movement at all, but I've been feeling him kick for about 2 weeks now - and now he's suddenly been pretty calm for the last day. 

It's probably just IF/crazy-pregnant-lady-paranoia, but I appreciate any input from you ladies!

The Table Has Shoes (and Other Ambiguities)
Follow Me on Pinterest
Me = lean PCOS;DH = poor morphology (3%)
3 IUI/TI cycles = BFN
IVF #1 with ICSI: antagonist protocol = BFFN
IVF #2 with ICSI : Lupron downregulation = BFFN...FML
IVF #3 with ICSI and AH (Antagonist) = IT'S A BOY!!!!

dumbledore

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Ladies with Anterior Placenta...

• Until I hit about 24-25 weeks I would go through periods of feeling the baby all the time and then periods of not feeling the baby much at all, but I did feel at least some movement everyday (even if it was only once a day and sometimes it was very light) since about 19-20 weeks.

Now that I am in my 30+ weeks it is rare when I go more than 30 minutes without feeling him, he is very active.

I am sure everything is fine, I remember getting worried when my baby would go through less active spells.

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagemswood1977:

Until I hit about 24-25 weeks I would go through periods of feeling the baby all the time and then periods of not feeling the baby much at all, but I did feel at least some movement everyday (even if it was only once a day and sometimes it was very light) since about 19-20 weeks.

Now that I am in my 30+ weeks it is rare when I go more than 30 minutes without feeling him, he is very active.

I am sure everything is fine, I remember getting worried when my baby would go through less active spells.

Thank you!  This helps a lot :)

Follow Me on Pinterest
    3 IUI/TI cycles = BFN

dumbledore

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ann679Ann679 member
    I still go through days where I don't feel her much and other days where she is moving nonstop.  I have found that it depends on what I'm doing during the day.  If it's a busy day and I'm moving around a lot either it puts her to sleep or I am just too busy that I don't pay much attention.  If you get nervous try eating a snack or drinking something sugary and then sit or lay still for awhile.  You'll prob feel him again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have an AP and this happened to me too!  Starting at about 18 weeks I would feel the baby a lot for a few days and then have a really quiet day.  This concerned me so I asked my OB. Dr. said not to worry about monitoring movement until 28 weeks and that sometimes babies just have quiet days. For the last two weeks, I have been feeling the baby every day and much more frequently.  Try not to worry (easier said than done)! 
    Aug 11 - Nov11: IUI #1,2,3 & 4 BFN
    Jan 12: IVF #1 - BFP!
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks everyone! 

I love that as I'm sitting here typing this, he just gave me a couple of good kicks - clearly I'm freaking myself out for no good reason (as usual)!

Follow Me on Pinterest
    3 IUI/TI cycles = BFN

dumbledore

BabyFruit Ticker
  • kelnyckelnyc member
    I felt LA moving right at week 20 even though I had an AP, but it was definitely not consistent by any means for a couple more weeks. I usually broke out the doppler on the slower days, just to make myself feel better. FWIW, at my growth scan 2 months ago, it was no longer anterior and had moved towards the top, and believe me, I feel the difference! Enjoy the peaceful days while they last.  :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• It's so funny that you post this, because this is exactly the kind of day I've been having. 

I started feeling Baby a lot around 22 weeks. Then between last night and about ten this morning I didn't feel anything. I freaked out and ate cereal and drank OJ and sat down in a quiet spot to relax. Sure enough I felt plenty of little kicks.

Now Baby has quieted down again. I'm assuming they just have their up days and down days. Today must be a quiet day.... 

"I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted what I asked of him." ~1 Samuel 1:27
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Whatever it takes, we walk together." ~Pittsburgh Penguins
    My IF-turned-baby blog
  • I did not have an AP, just a very lazy baby. I used to get so worried reading all of the stuff about kick counts that said to call your doctor if you don't feel movement for a few hours - I would have been calling every day!  Even in 3rd Tri, it was common for her to go almost an entire day without any movements I could feel (which was especially nerve wracking because she had been super-active for a couple of weeks at the end of 2nd tri, then quieted down again).  I actually broke down and bought a doppler in 3rd tri because it freaked me out so much.  The OB kept telling me that all babies are different and just to trust my instincts.  Easier said than done, I know.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"