July 2012 Moms

Pretty bummed out.

So i had an NST and u/s tonight and the NST went fine but according to the ultrasound she's breech. I started to cry right there. The tech said well, it's better than laboring for 18 hours before they decide to section you. You know what, screw you lady. This isn't your pregnancy. I have been so looking forward to an unmedicated vaginal delivery. And I am so sick of people telling me well it may not go as planned. Yeah no sh!t but that doesn't mean i don't have the right to be disappointed. I knew the possibility was there that they'd have to augment or that I'd decide to get the epi, but a c section? Especially after my doctor said she was head down and I hadn't felt her flip. Maybe i'll get flamed for this but this is so upsetting to me right now and I just needed to get it out.

TTC since October 2009
2 failed IUIs with Clomid
IVF #1, ER 10/29/2011
ET 11/3/2011
One embryo transferred, four frozen
11/12/2011, BFP, 11/13/2011, BFP, 11/14/2011, BFP
First Beta 11/14/2011, 499
Second Beta 11/16/2011, 893
Third Beta 11/18/2011, 1510

Lost my dear husband, October 3, 2012. You are the bear of my heart dear, and nothing can take that away.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Pretty bummed out.

• You have every right to be upset. I would be upset if I found out I would have to have a c/s too. I think all these unexpected things make us stronger though and better able to impart advice/empathy to others in the future. Hang in there-your feelings are totally yours to have.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh hon, I am so sorry and I don't blame you one bit. Try the spinning babies tricks, look into the Webster technique, go swimming, look into versions, etc. there is still time. My fx for you!
    TTC since 2006
    Me: 36 DH: 40
    DH dx azoospermia My dx: RA & AMA
    d-IUI's--6/10, 7/13 & 8/4: all BFN
    d-IVF#1--Lupron/Menopur/Bravelle/Novarel; mini-dose protocol
    ER: 10/25--18R; 14F; ET: 10/28--3dt of 2 embies; 3 blasts frozen
    + HPT 11/4; Beta #1--14dp3dt: 441; Beta #2--21dp3dt: 9298
    One beautiful jelly bean growing! Saw h/b on 11/28 and 12/5!!!
    P/SAIF welcome
    <a href="http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/mandalinn/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • No flaming to be found here.  (Except perhaps directed at the U/S tech.)  You have every right to feel how you feel.  I'd be incredibly disappointed too. 

Also sending flip baby vibes.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry! I would feel the same way if I were you.

I agree that you still have time and a lot of babies will still flip in the last few weeks or days! I will be thinking of you and sending your baby flip vibes!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • tri047tri047 member
    I'm sorry that you got bad news. You do know that breech babies can still be born vaginally though. AND you still have a month, so baby can flip. Check out Spinningbabies.com. I am working on rotating my posterior baby. Some of the exercises are rough, but it's worth a try.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • That just plain sucks. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this - I know I would be really upset if I got that news too! I hope your LO cooperates and flips back around in the next couple of weeks :)

• LM915LM915 member

I'm sorry you got bad news.  My baby is also breech and I have a c/s scheduled for next thursday.  It's defintely hard news to take when you totally don't expect it, but I have been wrapping my head around it and coming to terms with the fact that this is the way it's going to be.

I just want my baby to get here the safest way possible and if that means a c/s, then so be it.  I have said this before, but once she is here, I really don't think it will matter how she got here.  Good luck!  Hopefully your baby flips, there is still time. :)

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 | DD born July 2012
    BFP #2 | EDD 04.18.14 | D&C 10.01.13 @ 11w3d
    BFP #3 | EDD 09.15.14
  • Thank you so much. I felt a lot better when I read these responses this morning. Before coming on here to b!tch all of you I went on spinning babies, and I did see an article about vaginal birth delivery of breech babies. But even though my doctor is pretty progressive, I don't think he'll go for it. But I do have an appointment with him tonight. So I hope we can talk about him possibly turning her or how long he'll let me go before scheduling a c/s.

I think  one of the reasons I'm struggling with this is that it's one more thing that's out of my control. We weren't able to conceive; we had to do IVF. And I am so grateful that worked, but when friends tell me stories about how they were feeling really queasy so they took a HPT and it was positive, I can't help but think, I will never ever have that. Never have that, could I be pg, maybe I should take a test feeling. And after jumping through all the hoops involved with IVF, I was really looking forward to LO and I making the birth happen together. The other thing is I was already anxious about not taking enough time off, the recovery, and the costs associated with a vaginal birth, and now the thought of going through a surgical recovery on top of that is even more daunting. I feel like I'm going to have to rely on help even more than I wanted to.

I'm not trying to dump on c/s; I just had my own reasons for really wanting a vaginal birth, and I've had abdominal surgery in the past and it was awful. I raelly wanted to hit the ground running with being a mom because I'm already really nervous about that. I feel like a surgical recovery will make it that much harder. But I am also not willing to give up just yet. Hopefully one of the things I try to get her to flip will work.

TTC since October 2009
    IVF #1, ER 10/29/2011
    ET 11/3/2011

Lost my dear husband, October 3, 2012. You are the bear of my heart dear, and nothing can take that away.

• I cried, too...it is a very scary thought at first - and especially disappointing when I had been researching and preparing for an unmedicated birth and working out to stay fit for delivery.  On the other hand -- I was delivered breech, and it was complicated and traumatic -- I don't want to put my baby at the same risk...and in the end her actual birth is just one day in her whole life.  At this point, I don't care how she gets here - as long as she is on the outside and healthy.

I have now been researching sections, asked lots of questions, and am making sure that even though my 'plan' has changed, the majorly important things I want are done.  

My Little Girl has been in this same position since week 15.  Let's keep our fingers crossed that these babies flip head down - and if not that we have super speedy recoveries :)

• That totally sucks!

I had a c-section with DS - after planning an unmedicated, vaginal birth - and I was devastated for months afterwards.  Don't let anyone try to invalidate your feelings because you have every right to be sad.

I didn't do too much research on c-sections prior to DS's birth because I was *convinvced* that Hypnobabies was going to work and everything would be perfect.  Could you maybe look into "natural" caesareans?  I know that there is a lot of info on the web about it right now and you could definitely include some of these things into your birth plan.

Also, get in touch with your local ICAN chapter.  They can be a great source of support and information for c-section births and for future VBACs, if you are interested.

ETA: I just looked at your ticker - have you talked to your OB about a possible version?  I also agree with PPs on spinningbabies - give it a try!

Good luck!  I know it is really hard.  I have been there and done that.  Hugs for you and hope for a peaceful, happy delivery.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • If you get flamed for this I'm going to punch someone...you have every right to be upset! We as women try so hard during pregnancy to make sure things are going well and our LO is taken care of, and that includes our individual birth plans. When we get that kind of news it is upsetting! I will keep my fingers crossed she flips for you :-)
  • Thank you. I've been thinking about it and I think that there is another layer to it that I hadn't thought of before. I suffer from OCD and severe anxiety. I get anxious about EVERYTHING. There are days when it is such a struggle, I can't put it into words. And yet, I was not at all nervous at all about L&D. It was so strange to not be nervous about something, and it was very freeing. I had this amazing sense of peace about the whole thing. And I thought, this must be how people without anxiety feel about everyday things. It was so nice to feel that way for once and now it feels like that could be taken away from me.

TTC since October 2009
    IVF #1, ER 10/29/2011
    ET 11/3/2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"