February 2013 Moms
Options

Special Occasion Maternity Dresses

I've been peeing on sticks for a week now but wasn't letting myself get excited because of prior losses.  Today, with the dr's phone call to tell me how good my hcg levels and progesterone were... I can't wipe the smile off my face and I'm allowing myself to think ahead!

I'm baptizing a friend's baby early December.... more than a month before my estimated due date.  I know I have time... but I wanted to look at dresses for ideas.  What sites do you recommend? 

When we're ready to announce, I was thinking of using a maternity dress picture to tell my friend.  I was going to send her the picture and ask "what do you think of this for the Baptism?" - and just wait to see how long it takes for her to catch on. :) 

Re: Special Occasion Maternity Dresses

• Options
    Suz+MoSuz+Mo member

Not sure what the stores near you have, but a few maternity boutiques in my city have special occasion maternity dresses that you can rent, because really no one is going to wear those more than once.  So that could be an option.

If money isnt a concern, maybe Pea in a Pod or Motherhood Maternity.  Oh and I've heard some people have had good luck with Zulilly, but I haven't really checked it out much yet.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I didn't even think of that! What a smart idea to rent a maternity dress.... because you're right, I'll only use it once.  I'll have to look into that.

Thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I was at a Target store today and they had a rack of formal maternity dresses in black and in fuchsia on clearance for $11.  I bought a fuchsia one for a November wedding.  Not sure if other Targets have them, or if you are looking for something nicer, but I thought I would pass it along in case you were looking for something cheap!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I bought one at target too! Reg $40 on sale for $11.50!!! It's fushia/purple with pretty beading at the top :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageSuz+Mo:

Not sure what the stores near you have, but a few maternity boutiques in my city have special occasion maternity dresses that you can rent, because really no one is going to wear those more than once.  So that could be an option.

If money isnt a concern, maybe Pea in a Pod or Motherhood Maternity.  Oh and I've heard some people have had good luck with Zulilly, but I haven't really checked it out much yet.

there's a website called renttherunway.com and you can rent dresses there as well. it's more on the expensive side due to it being all high end names but take a look just in case. 

Anniversary
    Me: 26 DH: 34
    MFI due to testicular cancer (but he's a champ!)
    IVF with ICSI thanks to TESE
    6/5/12 WE'RE PREGNANT!

image image image
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yep!  We can be twins :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

You can never go wrong with Target!! I think the mom is planning a superfancy big to-do... that's how us Greek's roll lol.  It's like a mini wedding.  I think we're going to have to take the much more formal route so I may look into the rental dress thing. 

• Options

ASOS is the best for maternity dresses!!! Go to www.asos.com - they have several options that aren't just a boring cotton jersey wrap dress. The site started in the UK, but ships to the U.S. Sales prices are a bargain.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"