November 2011 Moms

We're almost to that point

where LO is getting ready to move from his baby tub to the big tub (awww growing up too fast). He isn't there yet, but I think he will be within a month or so. The thought of LO bathing in our bathtub really grosses me out. Not to say we aren't hygenic.... but I feel like I would have to scrub the bathtub every time DH or I showers to feel like it would be clean enough for him to bathe him. Maybe it's that my tub seems to attract mildew... I don't know. I was thinking of getting one of those mini tubs for this purpose.... what are all of you doing? I'm not normally a germophobe, but with LO this really grosses me out.. am I the only one?

Re: We're almost to that point

• She's been in the big bath for the last month or so.  I just clean the tub once a month or after I bathe the dogs.  It doesn't gross me out.

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • I bought a cute bath matt for her to sit on in the tub and she is the only one who uses it.  I rinse it off after every bath and hang it to dry.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSuperFluke:

I bought a cute bath matt for her to sit on in the tub and she is the only one who uses it.  I rinse it off after every bath and hang it to dry.

This is what I'm planning.  DD has had a few baths in the big girl tub when we're away from home but she slides around so much it makes me nervous.  Right now we have this tub and I love it.  DD has so much fun and can move around just fine but is still stuck in one place. 

BFP #1 August 2007, Lost Nov 2007, no heartbeat found at anatomy ultrasound at 19 wks
    BFP #2 March 2011, Baby Girl born November 2011!!!
  • We have this tub(well, the seal not the duck) https://www.target.com/p/munchkin-duck-bathtub/-/A-10209874

DH tried to just sit DS in the tub the other night because he seems cramped in the inflatable tub, but he was just too squirmy for that right now. 

We have a separate bathroom for DS, so I don't have to worry about it getting dirty from DH & I. But I like the idea of putting a mat down during bath time & hanging it to dry in between uses. 

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • LO hated the baby bath tub so he's been using a big tub since he was about 4 months. We had an extra full bath in our house so I just designated that as his bathroom that way I wasn't constantly having to scrub ours after using it in the morning. He only uses ours if it's been freshly scrubbed and I always rinse it out first.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"