Georgia Babies
Options

Big Brother / Little Brother gifts

With Matthew going to be a big brother in less than a month, we've been talking non stop to him about baby brother, so once baby #2 arrives I planned to exchange gifts between the 2.  For baby brother, I just ordered him an Angel Dear lovey similar Matthew's, since it was such a hit with Matthew, and thought that may be Matthew's gift to his baby brother.  For Matthew, I figured I would end up getting him something that he's into right now, which seems to be trains, trains, trains.

But I thought I would ask what others have done in the past.  Thanks!

Re: Big Brother / Little Brother gifts

• Options
    Brady gave Abigail a big stuffed bunny.  She gave him a big stuff Lightning McQueen pillow because he loves cars.  So, I say go for whatever he is into.  :)
    Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • Options
    Ethan gave Graham a digger. He is totally into trucks and diggers. Graham didn't give Ethan anything bc I didn't think about it. Lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I took Ethan to Babies R Us and let him pick something out for his new baby brother. He picked a very Hungry Caterpillar rattle and a monkey hat. He is very into Very Hungry Caterpillar right now and has a big one for himself so it was perfect. He says the baby gets the little one. I let him help me wrap them. He has his presen ready to take to the hospital. It has been waiting in his bedroom with his Big Bro shirt to wear that day. He is excited for both and knows they are special for when Owen gets here. He also knows baby got him a surprise and talks about that. We got a Thomas Take n Play track for him and a Leap Frog DVD. He has a ton of those movies and loves them. I figured he could open those up and use them right away in the hospital. I know he will want to. The Thomas is one of the smaller sets and folds up easily. So I agree to go with whatever he is into and will be exciting to him.  

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We had baby sister give C a kids proof camera. He loved taking his own pictures of the family.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    When Ryan was born, I gave Lauren a present and we also had a gift from Ryan for her. She was really into Thomas, so we gave her Thomas train engines - she was so excited about her gifts. I wanted to give her a present so she would know that I was thinking of her since DH and I were at the hospital. I didn't have her give a gift to Ryan.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Options

Before Avery was born, we went to Build-a-Bear and let H pick out a bear for Avery and then let H pick out one for herself from Avery. She loved it and it worked great. She still sleeps with her bear at night that was from Avery :)  We also had her bring Avery's bear to the hospital to give her which she loved doing. 

We also got H a ride on Barbie Jeep that was from Avery, but only bc we got an amazing deal on it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"