Maryland Babies

Any thoughts on this article?

link

Its kind of rubbing me the wrong way.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Any thoughts on this article?

• She sucks.  I don't care that she smokes pot - well, at least not if she's discreet and there's at least one sober adult at home with the kids while she's doing her thing.  I care that she's so crass about her kid.  I don't associated "ass" and "f'ing" with descriptions of my child and no one who does is going to rub me the right way.  If I saw some warmth in her writing I'd feel differently.
    lovelylittleworld
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • I'm going to piggyback off of Rags and say that I hope she's never alone with her child when she's high. Also, it's illegal. What is she going to do when her kid gets older and knows what she's doing?  I don't like anything about it.

Oh and I don't like them making jokes about the Special Olympics.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok. Good. So its not just me. She came across as incredibly selfish and immature (to me anyway). maybe I am just hormonal today though so who knows.

I really don't have much of a problem with pot and don't give two craps if people want to smoke it. But the thought of having my kids sit there and watch me in an altered state (whether that be with pot, booze, pills) doesn't sit right with me either. I think there's a time and place for everything and I found it disturbing she's getting wasted and then sitting there interacting with her kid.

But in the comments everyone is screaming that people are "pot-shaming" and there are a ton of people all "hell yeah I'm a stoner mom!" Again, I know stoners, and don't really care if they partake, this is just icky to me.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageRagdolls:
    She sucks.  I don't care that she smokes pot - well, at least not if she's discreet and there's at least one sober adult at home with the kids while she's doing her thing.  I care that she's so crass about her kid.  I don't associated "ass" and "f'ing" with descriptions of my child and no one who does is going to rub me the right way.  If I saw some warmth in her writing I'd feel differently.

all this, plus, it's illegal just plain illegal.  Put aside the "right/wrong" morality of it and those who compare it to drinking (which again you shouldn't be drunk around your kid), getting caught with it in your posession or under the influence is illegal, and anything that could potentially get your child taken away from you is just not cool. 

Also, it's not regulated like alcohol, so there aren't standards or regulations for weed.  I've seen lab results of some of the stuff that it is laced with or mixed with and many times it is really really harmful stuff.  Again you are putting your health at risk and when you have kids it's just not ok.  If it's legalized and regulated, like say alchohol, I would probably feel the same way about it; it's ok if you want to have a few drinks/hits, but not when you are around or responsible for your kids.  I'm not a big drinker and have maybe been tipsy 3 or 4 times since having J, pretty much at weddings.  But even when he is in the care of family members I know that I always want to have enough control and common sense to be able to attend to him if any emergency should arise.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"