December 2010 Moms
Options

SAHM's - what is your daily routine like?

I'm on my first day of summer vacation with DS at home - whoo!

I haven't been a stay at home mom since last August/September, so I'm a little rusty. I'm working 2 days a week this summer, but will be at home a lot.

Can you post your "schedule" - even though I know it's a little different each day. 

I'm basically wondering how much play, books, TV, errands, out and about you do each day. 

Thanks! :)

My little man at 0-1-2
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

Re: SAHM's - what is your daily routine like?

• Options
    Yesterday was my first day of summer vacation with Alexander!  I was curious about the same thing.  I decided that we will probably try to go out at least once a day, either in the morning before nap, or afternoon.  I signed us up for the pool and also a mygym class so we have some structure too.
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Options
    klinkyklinky member

V still takes 2 naps/day so this will be different from most...

8:15ish-10am - wake up, breakfast, play in the living room together (while I watch Live with Kelly Smile)

10-11:30ish - milk, snuggle then nap (I work while she naps)

11:30-2ish - wake up, lunch and then we try to do something.  This is the biggest window of time to go somewhere so we go to the gym, the park with a friend, run errands or whatever then a quick snack when we get home.

2-4ish- milk, snuggle, nap

4-7pm - snack, walk the dog, play outside.  I find she really needs to do "something" at this time while we wait for DH to get home.  I used to walk the dog in the morning and I found that she was stir-crazy after her afternoon nap, so we always walk the dog at this time now.

Make dinner, eat, play with Dad, bath, books, bed.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mondays and Wednesdays we have a mom/tot class for an hour in the morning. I usually try to do one activity for her per day. Doesn't matter whether it's the morning or afternoon; we rotate between the park, splash pad, playing with friends at their houses or the pool. Then I try and run errands the other half of the day/clean up the house. Getting out once or twice a day helps the day fly. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I work 3 days a week and am home with DS by myself 2 days a week.

On those two days we get up, get ready and have breakfast. After breakfast DS plays around the house while I try to at least one chore-type thing around the house. Sometimes he'll bring me books to read, etc - so I take breaks from cleaning to play with him (I'm lucky that for the most part he's really good at entertaining himself).

One day we have a "mommy and me" playgroup that we go to from around 10am - 12/1pm. Once we get home from that it's nap time. He generally naps from 1pm - 3/4pm. After he wakes up from his nap we have snacks and either play inside for a bit or go play in the backyard for a bit. Then I start making something quick for dinner and generally about 10-15 mins before DH is suppose to get home from work we go out in the front yard (its nice and shaded at that time of day now) and play with the dog, sidewalk chalk, etc and wait for DH to get home. DS always gets so excited when he spots daddy's car coming in the driveway, it's so cute!

Once DH is home it's dinner, playtime for them and then bath/bed by 7pm.

On the other day when I don't have a playgroup or structured event to do in the morning we either run some errands (grocery shopping, etc) so it's less we have to do on the weekend when DH is home. Or I take him to a local park, etc to make sure he gets outside and nice and tired before coming back home for lunch and nap time.

• Options
    sroszcsroszc member

Get up, eat breakfast and then I try to clean up a bit while I cross my fingers that he'll entertain himself for at least 30 minutes.  Sometimes he's great, other times I have to chill in the living room with him and play or watch him play.  We may run an errand in the morning or head to a local park.  There are, however, plenty of days where I'm still in my PJ's when nap time rolls around.

Noon is lunch and 1:30 is nap.  He'll nap until around 3:30.  

If we didn't do anything in the morning I might sneak in a quick play date, visit to the park or walk around the neighborhood but when it's too hot we just play inside.  

5pm is dinner and then we play again until bedtime around 7:15.  

I try to have something scheduled at least once a week but I took a break from Kindermusik for the summer and his Tumbling Toddlers class just ended.  I'm sure we'll be enrolling again come mid-July.  

photo 53b360e6-ee99-4f9e-a024-83bbcf2fab7d_zps358d4ab4.jpg Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    lrn327lrn327 member
    These posts all make me want to be a SAHM.  That is all.  Sad
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagelrn327:

I give out major props to all the full-time SAHM's. I don't think I could do it. Working part time for me is the best balance for me. (And luckily I was able to swing my job down to part-time status after DS was born and we could afford to do it).

• Options
    imageTMNTgirl:

imagelrn327:

I give out major props to all the full-time SAHM's. I don't think I could do it. Working part time for me is the best balance for me. (And luckily I was able to swing my job down to part-time status after DS was born and we could afford to do it).

oh for sure!! I could not do it full time...I looooove teaching (and obviously I love my little guy too) but I'm grateful that I can do the SAH thing for a couple months out of the year.

My little man at 0-1-2

• Options

Wake up between 8-10:30 we get milk and snuggle on the couch while watching cartoons. Breakfast about 30 min after waking up.

We play with blocks, puzzles, crayons, paint or go outside and play till lunch time. Lunch then nap - nap time varies and I'm not strict on what time I put her down all depends when she shows signs of being tired.

After nap we play some more or go shopping.

Dinner is usually aroun 7-7:30. After dinner we usually do shower or bath then play some more and read stories.

Bedtime is 10-10:30 pm

Latley I haven't been feeling good so we have been watching more tv then I would like. 

Mon we go to a play group 1:30-3:30

Tues we will soon be starting dance classes 9:00-9:30am 

Wed we have gymnastics 9:00-9:30am (I think we are canceling and just go to open gym classes) 

Thurs we always go to the farmers market (if it's not pouring out) and to the park

Fri we try to go to reading at the library 11:00-11:30

Sat we will be going to swim classes 11:30-12:00 we start this sat

We also have zoo days, beach days, go to a inside sand box, and do other fun outting  activities  

Sometimes I feel that I'm more busy being a SAHM then I was working. It has it's challenging moments but I wouldn't change it for the world :)  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

6:30ish: wake up feed Duncan then read books with oliver for 15 minutes.

Downstairs for Duncan's meds and Oliver and mommies breakfast.

8:00: Feed Duncan and put him down for nap while Oliver plays independently.

8:30-11:00. Play and snack with Oliver... Try to be outside as much as possible.. Sometimes friends stop by to play.

11-2:30 Oliver naps, Duncan is up for 1.5 hours...feed, play and back down again.  I shower, clean and eat lunch while they are napping.

3:00-6:00: errand and fun time. We alternate between park and beach. While we are out I wear Duncan in the sling or moby so he can nap and feed as needed.

6:00: daddy feeds Oliver dinner while I bathe Duncan.

6:30: daddy bathes Oliver while I feed duncan

7/7:30: books, songs and bedtime.

We try to eat while Oliver eats but if too hectic we eat after they are asleep.

Then I clean up and dh works or studies. 

• Options

8ish am- We wake - yes I sleep generally until they wake up, get dressed, and eat breakfast.

In the morning we either play inside, have a playgroup, go to story time at the library or at the park district, run errands or shop.  We typically stay home on Mondays- I clean while they play.  If they need a bath I give it to them in the mornings.

Lunch is at noon.  Nap is from 1 to 4 typically- I will do whatever projects I have while they sleep- if no projects then I nap.....  I have a babysitter on Wednesday afternoons- they don't sleep as well for her.  So they play with her in their playroom or outside.

DH gets home at 4pm- so they spend time together while I cook dinner.  Dinner is at 5pm.  We then clean up dinner, play alittle inside and then at 6 pm we go outside- we have a huge yard with a playset and a sandbox.  DH and I wear them down- we come in around 7:30pm- 10 minutes of wind down and then it is pjs, books, and bedtime.

• Options

On days it's just me & DS, this is our sched. I will work when he naps & after he goes to sleep.

6 am - MH brings DS a sippy of milk

6-7am - MH & DS play in his room

7-8a, MH & DS play quietly/watch TV downstairs

8a- breakfast

9a- MH leaves for work & I take DS outside to play in the yard & walk up/down our block.

10am - milk & snack

10:30-12:30ish - naptime

1 pm lunch

2-4p errands or park or something out of house, sometimes nap#2

4:30-5ish - I let him watch TV & play in living room while I prep dinner

5:30- MH comes home if he's not working late & we eat dinner together

6:30 bath

7ish - storytime

7:30-7:45p bedtime

• Options

7:30 Wake up (I get up whenever he gets up, sometimes he sleeps in which is glorious) nurse, stay in jammies, play while I make breakfast.

8:00 Breakfast - we eat at the same time, usually the same things.

8:30 Clean up from breakfast, I try to unload/load the dishwasher and start a load of laundry while he plays by himself, sometimes it doesn't happen. :(  

9:00 (Mondays we have a 9:30-11:30 playgroup) Play in living room, read books, sometimes we watch a Curious George on Netflix or PBS.  If it's nice we go outside and blow bubbles and he plays in his cozy coupe.  We rarely run morning errands.

11:00ish Nurse & Nap. If we didn't go out in the morning this is when I get ready.  I usually eat my lunch and do whatever business I need to do on the computer, finish up the dishes or fold laundry, and then TB if there's time.

1:30ish Wake up and play while I get lunch ready

2:00 Lunch, I sweep and figure out what to make for dinner.

2:30 Sometimes we run errands, sometimes we go to open gym, grandparents stop by almost every day we are home, sometimes the afternoon slips away and I have no idea what we've done. 

4:30 This is when I figure out what I'm going to make for dinner.  I need to start planning it out in advance because this is the most stressful time of day.

4:45 Try to start dinner before DH gets home while J plays.  I usually give J a little snack in the high chair to keep him busy if he is whiny.  

5:30 Dinner with DH

6:00 Play play play with daddy.  Inside, outside, playground, mall, wherever.  Sometimes we all go for a walk.  

6:45 Bath on Sunday and Wednesdays or any day he is filthy.

7:30 Bedtime = diaper, jammies, nurse, brush teeth, book with daddy, in bed.

8:00 I try to do another load of dishes after he's in bed and clean up toys and books in the living room.  

Side note:  I feel like we need to add some structure back into our week.  We used to do playgroup a.m. on Monday, swimming a.m. & gym p.m. on Tuesday, library story time a.m. on Wednesday, swimming a.m. & gym p.m. on Thursday, and park p.m. on Friday.  But we stopped going to everything but gym and playgroup at the park at 15 months when he started having intense stranger anxiety.    

ETA:  Potty & diaper every 2 hours from when he wakes up as well.

I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • Options

Our schedule varies since I work 2 days a week from noon til midnight but when I'm te sahm this is our schedule.

630-7 wake up and go down for breakfast

730-830 play outside before it gets too hot

830-10 combo of 1-2 chores and playtime/learning activity

10-12 quick errands or playdate

12 lunch

1-3ish nap for both of us I will miss this time the most when #2 arrives I like to recharge

4 play inside and start dinner prep

515 dady gets home from work and dinner time

6 bath and daddy/A play bonding time while I relax

730 last milk and toy pickup,  head upstairs to brush teeth read stories and bed by 8

Now we go to library story time one morning a week, and we have swim lessons one afternoon a week. We have a playgroup that meets sporadically so I also try to go to te aquarium, or go swimming in the community pool a couple times a week to break up the monotony of staying home. We need to find an open gym place that sounds like fun.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagelachute:

Wake up around 8-930, play around upstairs 

930-10 make breakfast and eat

1030ish we go outside. Bike ride errands or go to the park if I'm lazy we play in the yard.

Noonish either lunch or nap

3 ish sometimes lunch if no lunch was eaten earlier. Or  we go outside but just backyard. If its rainy I won't go out a second time and we play inside 

415 my husband comes home and I drink. Only Sometimes 

awesome. Cheers! Beer

My little man at 0-1-2

• Options
    imagechickaboo1974:

8ish am- We wake - yes I sleep generally until they wake up, get dressed, and eat breakfast.

In the morning we either play inside, have a playgroup, go to story time at the library or at the park district, run errands or shop.  We typically stay home on Mondays- I clean while they play.  If they need a bath I give it to them in the mornings.

Lunch is at noon.  Nap is from 1 to 4 typically- I will do whatever projects I have while they sleep- if no projects then I nap.....  I have a babysitter on Wednesday afternoons- they don't sleep as well for her.  So they play with her in their playroom or outside.

DH gets home at 4pm- so they spend time together while I cook dinner.  Dinner is at 5pm.  We then clean up dinner, play alittle inside and then at 6 pm we go outside- we have a huge yard with a playset and a sandbox.  DH and I wear them down- we come in around 7:30pm- 10 minutes of wind down and then it is pjs, books, and bedtime.

That's wonderful! I bet you need some baby-free time =)

My little man at 0-1-2

• Options
    I haven't been feeling great lately so we've been inside and watching way to much tv, but our "normal schedule is something like this: 7-8 wake up, go down stairs, watch cartoons and drink his milk. 8:30-9 eat breakfast and play/read books 11-1 or 2 nap. While he naps I get ready for the day and clean up. 1 or 2 depending on when he wakes up, eat lunch and play. After lunch we usually go outside in the backyard or tithe park for a little bit and if it's to hot we play inside. 6 dad comes home and plays with him and I help get dinner on. 730-745 bath 8 bed. Edit: Sorry for the text block, I'm on my phone.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Ive only been a SAHM for a few weeks, but this is a general overview so far!

6am We're awake *lucky me!*

6:00-7:00 get dressed, make breakfast, eat

7:00-8:00 take a walk and go to the nearby park for slides

8:00-8:45ish play at home

9:00-10:00ish Nap 1

10:00-11:00 Go to gym (L plays at the childcare)

11:00-12:30ish lunch/play at home

1:00-3:00 ish Nap 2

3:00-5:30 (The looooongest stretch of the day by far!) play at home, play in the water table, sometimes watch TV for a little bit, cook dinner

5:30 DH gets home/dinner

6:00-6:30 play with daddy

6:30-7:15 bath/books/bed

• Options
    imagelachute:

Wake up around 8-930, play around upstairs 

930-10 make breakfast and eat

1030ish we go outside. Bike ride errands or go to the park if I'm lazy we play in the yard.

Noonish either lunch or nap

3 ish sometimes lunch if no lunch was eaten earlier. Or  we go outside but just backyard. If its rainy I won't go out a second time and we play inside 

415 my husband comes home and I drink. Only Sometimes 

Um, yes (to the drinking ;) 

• Options
    klinkyklinky member
    imageTMNTgirl:

imagelrn327:

Agreed.  I feel so blessed to WAH p/t.  I feel like I get the best of both worlds, but don't know if I could do it f/t. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"