1st Trimester
Options

Pregnancy after Nuva ring??? Help ladies!

About how long after using the nuvaring did you get pregnant???

How long before you started getting pregnancy symptoms?

I stopped using nuvaring in May, No BFP yet and my last 2 periods have been normal since.

It's like I am so frantic about getting pregger, especially since me and DH both agree.

Please help ladies, all opinions appreciated.    

photo 1385a92d-2af0-4e8b-b184-ba508af4474d_zps6508e96b.jpg photo f768f5c0-81f5-4566-b435-301130ca30c2_zps571f1a36.jpg

TTCAL February Siggy Challenge: Favorite Love Story: Pretty Woman

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

GIFSoup

imageLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image

Natural MC 6.2006| BFP 8.2006| DS Born @ 39 weeks 5.11.2007|Trying to conceive again since May 5.2012|BFP on 10.1.12| No heartbeat 1.9.13 @ 18 weeks|D&E complete 1.11.13|Waiting on AF!!!|

Me + DH = Camren (5)

Re: Pregnancy after Nuva ring??? Help ladies!

• Options

I was worried it would take a while and I had mine out in March and got pregnant the first month of trying in May.

Good luck it will happen!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Not Nuva Ring, but the pill (and I never had AF for the 5 years I was on it!). I was off of it for one month prior to getting my first cycle. The next month I did not get AF, but all of my tests were negative. This happened again the next month! I was finally getting worried ad scheduled an appointment for the third month. Of course I took a HPT just to let my dr. know that it was still negative, but it wasn't negative anymore! All in all, it took what would've been four cycles before my BFP. Hang in there!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mzsj08Mzsj08 member

I hope so I want my little girl (Hopefully it's a girl) LOL.

imagemom2b22013:

I was worried it would take a while and I had mine out in March and got pregnant the first month of trying in May.

photo 1385a92d-2af0-4e8b-b184-ba508af4474d_zps6508e96b.jpg photo f768f5c0-81f5-4566-b435-301130ca30c2_zps571f1a36.jpg

GIFSoup

Natural MC 6.2006| BFP 8.2006| DS Born @ 39 weeks 5.11.2007|Trying to conceive again since May 5.2012|BFP on 10.1.12| No heartbeat 1.9.13 @ 18 weeks|D&E complete 1.11.13|Waiting on AF!!!|

Me + DH = Camren (5)

• Options
    sekurasekura member

This is the wrong board for you.  You should head over to TTGP, where you will hear that on average it takes 6 months for a normal, healthy person to get pregnant after going off of birth control, and it can take up to one year.

And let me just tell you, wanting it to happen fast doesn't make any difference.  But temping and tracking your ovulation might.

TTC #1 Since 8/2010
    Me: 34, DH: 35 DX: DOR (FSH 14.9, AMH 0.67, AFC ~10) and Egg Quality

IVF #1 Feb 2012. MDFL protocol w/ Met. 7 ER, 0F.
    May Donor Egg IVF cycle:3 EF, 1 blast ET 5/12, 2 frosties
    BFP 5/21! beta #1 5/22 306 beta #2 5/24 818 beta #3 5/31 15,038.

image"">
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting the bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian." --Dennis Wholey

• Options
    With my first pregnancy I took it out and was pregnant by my next cycle. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemom2b22013:

Same for me, out in March, used condoms until the end of April, and got pregnant in May on cycle 2.

It hasn't been that long, try not to stress about it just yet.

BabyFruit Ticker

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Stacy has read 24 books toward her goal of 35 books.
    hide
  • Options

just wanted to put my 2 cents in:

i went off nuvoring in november 2011, and didn't get my bfp until may 2012.  i was pretty antsy too, and low and behold, the month i stopped caring, was the month it happened!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was on Nuva for four years. Quit the ring in March 2007 and didn't get PG until June 2008.

Mama to Mason (7) and Asher the Crasher (3).
    Married to Topher (10 years). 32 years young in Oklahoma.

• Options
    imageMzsj08:

About how long after using the nuvaring did you get pregnant???

How long before you started getting pregnancy symptoms?

I stopped using nuvaring in May, No BFP yet and my last 2 periods have been normal since.

It's like I am so frantic about getting pregger, especially since me and DH both agree.

Please help ladies, all opinions appreciated.    

Ive never been on Birth control and yet Ive Only had three children out of 10 years. ( A almost 6 year old,A 9 month old and my current pregnancy) For some people it takes a month, others a year/s. best suggestion is Chart and Use a ovulation kit.

• Options
    imagesekura:

This is the wrong board for you.  You should head over to TTGP, where you will hear that on average it takes 6 months for a normal, healthy person to get pregnant after going off of birth control, and it can take up to one year.

And let me just tell you, wanting it to happen fast doesn't make any difference.  But temping and tracking your ovulation might.

TTGP is not the right board.  They are TRYING to get pregnant, and she is asking for people's experience in actually GETTING pregnant.  This is exactly where they'd tell her to go.  Remove stick from arse. 
  • Options
    I was on the NuvaRing for almost 6 years - read "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" (wonderful book) and decided to go off of the NuvaRing in Sept 2011 even though we weren't yet ready to TTC.  I used the methods of TCOYF to track my cycles and get to know my fertility patterns until May 2012, but I used this information to ABSTAIN from getting pregnant (and it worked).  In May, we decided to TTC - and conceived on our very first month.  So altogether, a 7-8 month break before getting pregnant the first month actively trying.
    DS born February 5, 2013

Need tips for surviving cat allergies? Check out my bio! :)

• Options
    imagesofamonkey:
    imagesekura:

TTGP is not the right board.  They are TRYING to get pregnant, and she is asking for people's experience in actually GETTING pregnant.  This is exactly where they'd tell her to go.  Remove stick from arse. 

But she's TRYING TO GET PREGNANT. I'm just confused as to why she shouldn't be on the TTC boards? Some of those people have already had children and are trying again. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

If you've had 2 periods that means you're on your 3rd cycle. Relax. Seriously. Even if you have perfect timing (which you likely don't if you're not charting), a healthy couple's chance of getting pregnant in any given month is only about 20%. The statistics look something like this:

• After three months of trying, 30% will be pregnant.
    • After six months of trying, 50% to 60% will be pregnant.
    • After nine months of trying, 60% to 70% will be pregnant.
    • After 12 months, 80% to 90% will be pregnant.
    • After two years, 95% will be pregnant

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    And ps - go over to Trying To Get Pregnant, but lurk on there for a week or two first. Read their newbie link and the questions and responses over the next few weeks, and you will learn a lot. I promise.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP

• Options
    imagehansonam446:
    imagesofamonkey:
    imagesekura:

But she's TRYING TO GET PREGNANT. I'm just confused as to why she shouldn't be on the TTC boards? Some of those people have already had children and are trying again. 

Yes, she can benefit from the TTGP board.  However for this particular question, she would be directed over to 1st tri to ask pregnant people what their experience was. 

I wasn't saying she shouldn't be on TTGP at all, so calm down.  I was speaking specifically to this question. 

• Options
    imagekelly321:
    And ps - go over to Trying To Get Pregnant, but lurk on there for a week or two first. Read their newbie link and the questions and responses over the next few weeks, and you will learn a lot. I promise.
    LOL that this poster wants to wait long enough to lurk!  Esp. for a few weeks. 
  • Options

Lurking from third tri...

Took the ring out in October, got KU on the third cycle.  I suspected I was ovulating late after the first two cycles (I was right), so I used an OPK in December and got my BFP.  Good luck!

• Options
    Ebee27Ebee27 member
    Little bit different situation for me... Husband took my ring out himself, sort of his cheeky way of telling me he was ready to TTC, but the punk did it mid cycle, and I was too excited to rinse it off, put it back in, and take it out at the normal time... I figured, we weren't too serious about it so we'd just let nature take it's course. A few days after removal I had a very long and heavy period, and a month after that (although a few days late) I had about 5 days of old blood, light spotting. In the days it was late, I tested negative, so I figured it was just a wacky period from removing the ring. A week after spotting ended, I had PMS... cramping, few days later sore boobs, but it was definitely not time for another period, so that led me to test again and I got a BFP!! This was about 6 weeks, based on that big last period, but the ultrasound I had last week dated me as being 4 weeks when I tested positive. So, I feel even though we came off of it at a weird time , we just had lots and lots of sex, and had fun and relaxed, and while it was a bit chaotic, the surprise was kind of nice :) Best of luck to you!!

Archer Liam - 2/6/13
    Freya Lillian - 11/15/15
  • Options

imagesofamonkey:
    imagekelly321:
    LOL that this poster wants to wait long enough to lurk!  Esp. for a few weeks. 

You're absolutely right, but you can't say I didn't warn her. :-)

• Options
    imagemom2b22013:

Opps first time I read this as Mirena.... but Nuva ring was pretty much the same story with DS just wrong months.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i was on the nuva ring for about 3 years or so. i got pregnant after 3 cycles! it helps a LOT when youre not stressing it and just let things happen! relax! good luck!!

BFP #1: January 2012, MMC/BO February 2012; BFP #2: June 2012, MMC July 2012; BFP #3: February 2013

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Mzsj08Mzsj08 member

LOL ! Hilarious, this made my day

imagesofamonkey:
    imagesekura:

GIFSoup

Me + DH = Camren (5)

• Options
    Mzsj08Mzsj08 member

Hey does it really matter which board I post on for this question. I posted it on both anyway. It applies either way.

Either you have a suggestion for the question or not. Very simple. :)

GIFSoup

Me + DH = Camren (5)

• Options
    Mzsj08Mzsj08 member

It's okay no offense taken at all, and by the way Tessa is super cute!

imageLoisLane23:

imageSharleeD:
    i was on the nuva ring for about 3 years or so. i got pregnant after 3 cycles! it helps a LOT when youre not stressing it and just let things happen! relax! good luck!!

Well that's just a lie and frankly, rude to people who have difficulty.

GIFSoup

Me + DH = Camren (5)

• Options
    I definitely think everyone's body is different, so what happens for one person won't necessarily be the case for you..  I was on NR for about 2 years, stopped using it in Feb, cycled on my own in March, and got BFP in April.
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageLoisLane23:

imageSharleeD:

Well that's just a lie and frankly, rude to people who have difficulty.

Thank you.

I was plenty relaxed after coming off of birth control - my cycles were like clockwork right away, I was ovulating every month, etc.

The stress came into play after finding out my husband has crappy sperm, we had 3 failed IUIs and the words endometriosis, laparoscopy and IVF started getting thrown around.

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
  • Options
    I was on Nuva ring for 6 years. It took me over a year to get pregnate. We were not trying to have a baby either. I had my period every month on time just like clock work.
  • Options
    mjr12mjr12 member
    I used Nuvaring for many years (I think 6).  On pregnancy #1, it took me 3 cycles to get pregnant.  I haven't used hormonal birth control since though . . .
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I guess you could say I'm a fertile myrtle or DH and I are just lucky....we literally got pregnant the first cycle completely off the pill. It varies person to person and pregnancy to pregnancy though.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was on the nuva ring and took 6 months of trying and then fianlly got pregnant. But my persiod were very abnormal if yours seem to be right on should happen pretty soon! good luck!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't have a "normal" period after taking out the ring. I took it out around March 26th and found out I was pregnant on April 23rd. It was a big surprise, but everyone is different. Try not to stress, good luck! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"