Baby Showers

Hey meanie heads...

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/66857201.aspx

I think this hilarious considering the BMB this is coming from (yes, mine!) and all the crap they have taken for their early drama. Which does seem to have settled down a bit now.  Truthfully, most of the girls there are sweet, but there are a handful that I am SO OVER. I only lurk there occasionally. I can't handle some of the insanity. 

You guys, however, I will love until I die! 

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey

Re: Hey meanie heads...

• I love that people keep saying they don't care that they are being tacky or rude.  They're glad they're not friends with us?  I am really glad I'm not friends with them.

However, you Melle, get a big wet kiss from me!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• dojo1dojo1 member

Hey Melle, I haven't been frequenting here as much lately so I didn't see your bfp until just now - congrats!!

Eta: any bumpie who has only ever posted ultra positive feedback in all her responses is welcome to come look down her nose at me for relishing in a few good "that's tacky" posts. I'll be waiting here collecting dust for this saint of a human to arrive. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hahahaha.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ladies, this is our BS board happy dance...

Happy dance

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• imageLiz4444:

Ladies, this is our BS board happy dance...

Happy dance

I can't see it but I need to!

Melle, we love you too!

• Ok, I just went and read that thread.  WOW.  It's amazing what people will do to justify their "whatever...I do want I want!" lifestyle.

They say that it doesn't do any good, but there were a couple of comments where people said they were second guessing themselves after a visit here.  I think that's excellent!  And what about the awesome posters we've had here lately.  We even gave props to them.

We should have police badges made for our siggys, since apparently we're the police around here.  Oh, the power...

• OMG!  People come here and ASK FOR ADVICE and we GIVE IT, but because we don't blow puppies and rainbows up their a$$es, we're big meanies.

LOL-tastic. 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• I'm concerned about these people's children- a whole new generation of tasteless, tacky fools.
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageEastCoastBride:

OMG!  People come here and ASK FOR ADVICE and we GIVE IT, but because we don't blow puppies and rainbows up their a$$es, we're big meanies.

LOL-tastic. 

I think their whole thing is they think that's all we do on the Bump.  And they have their "friends" in their BMB.  They don't see that maybe we have some "friends" here too.  I love the chicks here because they're more like me...no puppies, no rainbows, no unicorn farts.  I love that.

• imagecwm11985:
    I'm concerned about these people's children- a whole new generation of tasteless, tacky fools.

I think we can all truly say that we are forever grateful that SOMEONE out there is concerned for our children.

• imageBrittanyDoesDerby:

imagecwm11985:
    I'm concerned about these people's children- a whole new generation of tasteless, tacky fools.

I think we can all truly say that we are forever grateful that SOMEONE out there is concerned for our children.

Sleep You're boring.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Melle, when is your next U/S??  The NT scan should be coming up soon, yes?

• imagecwm11985:
    For some reason, this struck me as super funny. I keep picture toddlers screaming all Cartman style "I DO WHAT I WANT!!!!"

I have no beef with the BS board. I think if you can't take it, don't ask for advice. My comment about asking your friends and familes rather than Internet crazies was directed at the bump in general. I would never limit that to just you ladies ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageCranang:
    imageBrittanyDoesDerby:

imagecwm11985:

Sleep You're boring.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Melle, when is your next U/S??  The NT scan should be coming up soon, yes?

I have declined the NT scan, for various reasons. Mostly because I get an ultrasound at every visit. Next appointment is 7/3. I am so excited.  

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • imageCranang:
    imageLiz4444:

Ladies, this is our BS board happy dance...

Happy dance

I can't see it but I need to!

Melle, we love you too!

here's the link.  Everybody dance!

https://www.stupidgifs.com/view/522/

• Love the dance...
  • imageCranang:
    Love the dance...

Did you notice how they all seem to think I'm butthurt?  Will someone please define butthurt for them.

• I haven't checked out the baby shower board for quite some time. I'm super glad I did today!!! I've need a good laugh.

I love how some ladies always talk bad about this board and how its "notorious" for being filled with mean girls looking to cause drama (I, however, have not thought that at all) because some ladies come on here and ask thee stupidest questions looking for validation on why its okay to have a 4th baby shower, or thats its alright to throw your own, or that you deserve to be greedy with gifts because your some sort of special pregnant lady when everyone is just kinda average..... to those ladies I say if you don't like the answers posted on questions similar to yours don't ask your questions and expect different results because you feel like your exempt from the rules of tackyness. Sure, do whatever you want, everyone is entitled to their choices. Just don't expect the rest of the world to agree with you, especially if its borderline or all out tacky. I personally love the baby shower board and all the advice that I have read and even a few times been given. I never want to be considered rude or ungrateful and its nice to read up on how to avoid it, especially when someone has taken their time, effort, and money to give me a gift for my child.

Also, going and throwing a fit and "talking behind everyones backs" on your BMB can and will be brought up. Its the law of the internet.

That being said, Melle, I'm sorry it seems like your BMB is a bunch of whiny ladies. Your welcome to be an honorary member of the July ladies. We would love to have you Smile

imageimage Visit The Nest! BabyFetus Ticker :.:.Dear baby boy, No one will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.:.:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"