Trouble TTC
Options

WW3TD?

So, I can't start IVF until the start of my next cycle (end of July). I started to think about maybe doing another clomid + IUI cycle as a last chance Hail Mary type thing. This would be my 4th round of clomid and it would be my last. I haven't talked to my H about it yet, or my RE, this is literally something I was thinking of in the shower this AM. At my last appt, my RE did say we could do another round if we wanted too, but he was more in the "lets move straight to IVF" boat. 

So WW3TD? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WW3TD?

  • Options

    imagekatyj25:
    I think a bit more history would help us. What is your DX? Your DH's SA? How did you respond to your first 3 cycles?

    We are have Unexplained IF. My DH has super sperm, and I responded well the last three cycles. I had one follie the first two, and two follies the last cycle. Definitely part of my thought process is that our insurance plan year is up July 31, which is when we'd start the IVF. While I am SUPER grateful for the coverage we do have, we have an high deductible plan, and would need to pay $6k for services and meds ($3k to meet the deductible for services, and another $3k to meet the out of pocket maximum with the injectable meds).

    I do realize that if we get KU, we'd be responsible for the first $3k regardless - its just a matter of when we met the maximum - either now or in 9 months. 

    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thats my thinking. I'll talk to the hubbs tonight and call my doctor when I get AF later this week. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

    On my third IUI, we found out that I would have to wait to see my RE for an IVF consult, so we decided not to waste the cycle and try a fourth IUI. I am not sure I could handle moving straight to IVF from IUI#4...our plan is to take two cycles off before we start IVF. I need the break to get me ready for IVF.

    I think either choice is valid, it depends on where your heart is. If you feel totally able to handle another IUI and then IVF, or If you are going to regret not trying one last time, it makes sense not to "waste" the cycle and use your insurance. OTOH, if you're getting mentally/emotionally frazzled, maybe it is better to take a break. 

    FWIW, I am totally glad we decided to do one last IUI (though I was REALLY second guessing the decision until about Cd6 or so.) 

    Sometimes if I want to figure out what I really want to do, I flip a coin. If it comes up heads and I am happy, I do that. If I instead say "two out of three," then I know I really want the other choice. 

    GL! 

    4 IUIs: Bfn
    Antagonist IVF 7 retrieved, 4 fert w/ICSI&AH, 2 blasts transferred. Beta #1 9/20: 367 Beta #2 9/22: 841
    image image
  • Options
    imageKiller Tomato:

    I think either choice is valid, it depends on where your heart is. If you feel totally able to handle another IUI and then IVF, or If you are going to regret not trying one last time, it makes sense not to "waste" the cycle and use your insurance. OTOH, if you're getting mentally/emotionally frazzled, maybe it is better to take a break. 

    I totally get what you are saying. I took this cycle off and so needed it. Now I feel like I am ready to get back in the game, and I think I'll be OK going straight from IUI to IVF. If not, my therapist is already on my speed dial!  

    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"