Secondary IF
Options

WWYD re. 1st IUI and travel

Hi everyone,

I am scheduled to have a follie check on Weds. when I will be at cd12.  I wasn't sure if I was going to go thru with the IUI this cycle or just do take the clomid.  Last night we decided to go ahead with the IUI.  My appt is at 430pm.  I am leaving Friday night for vacation.  Is there enough time to take the trigger and have at least 1 IUI?  Should I try to make my follie check on Tuesday (which is originally what my RE asked but was working with my school schedule and agreed to Weds)?  I want to make sure there is enough time.  

Thanks! 

Re: WWYD re. 1st IUI and travel

• Options
    Timing is really important with iui.  If your re wants to start on tues I would try to make that happen. If they are large enough they will do a trigger shot and think my re wanted me to come in 36 hours later (sorry I don't remember because only did one round iui).  Whether they are big enough in time you can't do much about and you might not be able to do in time if you are leaving on Friday.  Good luck and hope it goes well.  Hugs I know it is an emotional time. 
  • Options
    Reg001Reg001 member
    I agree with the previous poster, timing is very important. On my last cycle I went it for us check and my follicles weren't big enough yet so I had to come back the next day to recheck, then they told me to trigger the following night Thursday and had the iui 36 hours later Sat morning.  We also had a trip planned and had to cancel and reschedule for a later date because we were leaving Friday as well. Everyone responds differently to the meds, so Good Luck hopefully the timing will work out for you and you can still go on your trip.
    TTC #1 for 2 1/2 years with Endo 3 cycles with Clomid in early 2008- all BFN's Lap #1 4/2008, Lupron for 6 mos Refered to RE 3 cycles with Femera and IUI in early 2009- all BFN's Lap #2 06/2009 IVF #1: started cycle 7/15/2009 ER 8/26/2009 ET 8/31/2009 BFP 9/7/2009 C-Section 5/5/2010 TTC #2 since May 2011 IUI #1 March 9 2012= BFN IUI #2 April 6 2012= ????
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"