April 2011 Moms
Options

I did it!

Hi gals,

I just had to share that I finally got to run my first half marathon yesterday!  I had planned to do it in 3 hrs, and my official time was 3:01:42.  :D 

A little backstory: I started trying for my first half in 2010.  It was schedule for September.  Of course, you all probably guessed that I got KU in July, found out in August, and the all day sickness kicked in like 2 seconds later.  I did a 5k the last weekend in August at like 7 weeks pg, and it damn near killed me.  I continued training for the half, and finished all my long runs, but couldn't bring myself to do the race.  :(  So, it's been like 2 years in the making!  Anyhow, I wanted to share with you gals. 

Happy Sunday!

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16

Re: I did it!

• Options
    Way to go! I am about to start running again after we finish moving :) My goal is a half marathon eventually.
    photo 8e32bb2b-42a7-49d2-85df-cab52864175d_zpse525d043.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kje120kje120 member
    Congratulations on your race! I want to sign up for another half marathon, but I need to get my foot to heal first. Not being able to run is killing me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow, congrats!! I've never understood running. The only time you will see me running is if I'm being chased.
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options

Congratulations, that is awesome!  I watched DH complete his second half marathon yesterday.  I was supposed to do the 5 miler, but I haven't been running enough to feel prepared for it, so Chase and I just cheered on DH at the finish line.

Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options
    LoCarbLoCarb member

Congrats!  Reading this is great inspiration b/c I have a goal to complete a 1/2 marathon.  I'm totally going to buy one of those 13.1 bumper stickers for my car when I do.  I'd love to hear about your training and any tips you may have.

Are you sore today?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

That is awesome! Congratulations!!!

I did 2 half-marathons a couple of years ago, but haven't gotten back into running since I got pregnant. (I was on exercise restrictions and had to stop while pregnant.) Maybe I'll pick it back up soon. :)

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    imageLoCarb:

Congrats!  Reading this is great inspiration b/c I have a goal to complete a 1/2 marathon.  I'm totally going to buy one of those 13.1 bumper stickers for my car when I do.  I'd love to hear about your training and any tips you may have.

Are you sore today?

Thanks everyone! The first time I trained, pre-baby, I followed a plan from Runner's World (free), but this time I found that my life is too crazy for that. So, I tried to run twice during the week, and a long run each weekend. Each week, I lengthened the long run by 1 mile. I also had a sort of hiatus for 3 weeks in the middle when work got nuts. Last week I ran 12 miles, so 13.1 was no big. No, I'm not sore. However, I wish I had bought a fuel belt. And good shoes are amazing. When my old ones were dying before I got my new ones, they starting giving me back problems. Oh, and go buy your shoes at an actual running store. The salespeople are experts on how your.biomechanics interact with the shoe. Good luck everyone! Sorry for no formatting. Posting from my phone. Maybe someday the bump gods will make this site android native.

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • Options

imagebiblionerd:
    Wow, congrats!! I've never understood running. The only time you will see me running is if I'm being chased.

That is amazing!! I'm with biblionerd tho- I only run if there's a gun or a shoe sale. Stick out tongue

• Options
    Congrats!  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"