Baby Showers
Options

My Unique Hostess Gift

My mother and sister (whom I am extremely close with) are throwing me a baby shower tomorrow and I came up with a thank you gift and just wanted your opinions on it...

I have seen "from baby to bride bracelets" that your daughter wears in the hospital on the day she is born and then you give it to her on her wedding day to wear. I decided to take that concept and create beautiful bracelets with blue ribbons on them for my mom and sister to wear in the hospital when dd is born. Both mom and sister will be in the room with DH and I, and they are very excited about this. They can later pass on the bracelets (or just the blue ribbons from them) to my daughter on her wedding day and reminisce about the moment they first met her and all of the memories they have created together over the years. I created a nice poem to go along with the gifts, and will put it all together in special wrapping. Will get flowers too. 

So what do you think? Too out there?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My Unique Hostess Gift

• Options
    It is a lovely sentiment.  I don't know how practical it is to expect them to remember 20-30 years from now they were supposed to do with the bracelet but some families are really good about these things. Personally, I can't remember what I'm supposed to do tomorrow. :) If they are going to be in the delivery room, then they would clearly have some special memories to share.  You know them best.  Go for it if you think it is what they might like!
  • Options
    I think it's great! Unique & very special! 
    God and I define my success. It is not what is commonly imagined. A.W. Anniversary
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think that is a very unique idea. I would just think that would be something more from mother to daughter...but you know your sister and mother best...so if you think they'll love it then they probably will!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options

I think its a very cute and unique idea but if its a gift to thank them for hosting, I would give them something that is just for them.  Otherwise its like you are giving them a job rather than a gift.

Could you give the bracelets to them when the baby is born (or right before).  That way its just a little sweet experience as opposed to a thank you gift.

BabyFruit Ticker It's a Girl!
  • Options
    I like sentimental, unique gifts and would be pleased if I was the receiver of this one.
                                     http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"