Trouble TTC
Options

Intro - HSG -Tubal Blockage

Hello Ladies,

I've re-written this several times, as I am still unable to collect my thougths...and I guess to some extent hoping this is all just a bad dream. DH and I began TTC in July 2011 and at that time the only possible "issue" we faced were small fibroids.

As of March 2012, those fibroids increased in size, but my ob/gyn was sure that due to their location, we should not have an issue conceiving. We began testing and all was normal and then on this past Wednesday, the HSG revealed blockage in both tubes and initial recommendation is IVF as our only option (fibroids must be removed before IVF). I was and still am numb. I've had a few moments when the reality of this diagnosis hits me like a sledge hammer and I don't know how I will make it through.

DH has been extremely supportive/positive. I am awaiting next steps from my ob/gyn-RE (not sure if a laprascopy will be done to confirm), but this is in line with the same thing the sono HSG revealed last month (could not make a definitive dx, hence the repeat x-ray HSG). We do know that moving to IVF is not a current feasible option and will not be for at least another 1.5-2 years. I've lurked a few weeks and have been active on TTGP. I believe this will be my new home. I know you ladies truly know how I feel right now, so as I pray for myself, I do so for you ladies as well.

~TTC#1 Since July 2011~ 
Dx: Fibroids & Tubal Infertility
                                                    9/12 -IVF#1 =BFN; 5/14 -IVF#2=BFP:-) EDD 2.19.2015                                                

S/PAIF Welcome 

imageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Intro - HSG -Tubal Blockage

• Options
    Hey Bella! Welcome over here. I'm sorry you're going through all of this. Hoping you can get a plan soon. <3
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for all that you are going through. You are not alone, and you've found a great support community in this board.
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you so much ladies, I really appreciate the support and kind words!

~TTC#1 Since July 2011~ 

S/PAIF Welcome 

imageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I'm so sorry Bella. Please PM me if you have any questions or just need to vent. I have been there/done that with the waiting game (a lot of us 3T ladies have, like GMChick and Katib), and it is hard. Recently it's gotten a bit harder, and that's why I haven't been on 3T much. H and I's only options to help us (IVF or adoption) are $15,000+, and man, that gets hard. Lately the wait has been mega-tough. Cry and let it out...I promise it feels a little better.
    Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Options
    Bella I am sorry about your diagnosis and to see you here. I remember seeing you around TTGP. If you ever need to talk feel free to PM me. This is my new home now too.

• Options

imagekellyrn9956:
    I'm so sorry Bella. Please PM me if you have any questions or just need to vent. I have been there/done that with the waiting game (a lot of us 3T ladies have, like GMChick and Katib), and it is hard. Recently it's gotten a bit harder, and that's why I haven't been on 3T much. H and I's only options to help us (IVF or adoption) are $15,000+, and man, that gets hard. Lately the wait has been mega-tough. Cry and let it out...I promise it feels a little better.

Thank you so much! I've followed your posts re adoption and marval at your strength. You are an inspiration to those of us at the beginning of this long and difficult journey, thank you for always being so honest and supportive. You are in my T&P. And if you ever need to vent, just PM me:-)

~TTC#1 Since July 2011~ 

S/PAIF Welcome 

imageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

imagekatekat8721:
    Bella I am sorry about your diagnosis and to see you here. I remember seeing you around TTGP. If you ever need to talk feel free to PM me. This is my new home now too.

Thank you Kate. I hate to see so many of TTGP over here, but I know we are all in this together and have a wonderful support system.

~TTC#1 Since July 2011~ 

S/PAIF Welcome 

imageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

I'm sorry to hear about the results of your HSG. Is it possible for them to unblock/repair one or both of your tubes? Or does the damage appear to be to extensive?

Me: 25
    Dx PCOS (June 2006, re-confirmed March 2012), Anemia (May 2010-Still fighting to correct it), Fibromyalgia (May 2011)
    Initial b/w - normal
    HSG (March 2012) revealed right tube open and looking great. Left tube deformed with hydrosalpinx.
    Lap (April 2012) Removal of left fallopian tube. Right tube open and viable, but "rather enlarged." NO evidence of endometriosis...Uterus looks beautiful and "very capable" of carrying a pregnancy!
    October 2012 - Clomid 50mg + trigger + IUI = BFN
    With all factors taken into account, RE is recommending IVF. Planning on moving forward with treatment as a single woman using DS by Summer 2013.
    After 17 months of trying, Surprise BFP #1 2.15.2008 | EDD 8.7.2008 | Lost 2.16.2008
    After 2 more years of trying, Surprise BFP #2 1.29.2012 | EDD 9.11.2012 | Lost 1.29.2012
    Surprise BFP #3 3.27.2012 | EDD 12/2/2012 | Lost 4.1.2012
    imageimage
    someecards.com - Get a colonic?!? Some older lady said that's what she did to cure her infertility...Who knew a fancy enema and a sparkling clean ass would cure my infertility.
    My Blog Pinterest
  • Options

*blurb

~TTC#1 Since July 2011~ 

S/PAIF Welcome 

imageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    imagesarah_e87:

I'm sorry to hear about the results of your HSG. Is it possible for them to unblock/repair one or both of your tubes? Or does the damage appear to be to extensive?

It appears that the right tube is completely blocked and left partially. There are procedures to unblock, but are rarely used due to possibility in increased scarring and future ectopic pregnancies. It seems in 99% of these cases----IVF is hughly recommended.

~TTC#1 Since July 2011~ 

S/PAIF Welcome 

imageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    alb245alb245 member

I'm so sorry about your diagnosis and that your only option is IVF. That can be a lot to handle when you're still trying to absorb the fact that you're here in the first place :(  

The women on this board are amazing. They are a wealth of information and support. Welcome and I hope you can get a plan in place soon.  

~~PgAL March Siggy Challenge - Pet Shaming~~
    TTC #1 since Feb 2011 Dx: MTHFR C677T Homozygous, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, LPD
    BFP #1: 8/4/11 c/p 4w5d
    BFP #2: 9/4/11 c/p 5w0d
    BFP #3: 1/16/12 c/p 4w0d
    BFP #4 8/9/12 m/c 7w3d
    BFP #5 11/2/12 ?EDD 7/16/13? PLEASE grow sweet baby!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageBellaLux:
    imagesarah_e87:

It appears that the right tube is completely blocked and left partially. There are procedures to unblock, but are rarely used due to possibility in increased scarring and future ectopic pregnancies. It seems in 99% of these cases----IVF is hughly recommended.

I figured I had to ask because I know how overwhelming that news can be and how hard it is to question options and recommendations.

Me: 25
    Dx PCOS (June 2006, re-confirmed March 2012), Anemia (May 2010-Still fighting to correct it), Fibromyalgia (May 2011)
    Initial b/w - normal
    HSG (March 2012) revealed right tube open and looking great. Left tube deformed with hydrosalpinx.
    Lap (April 2012) Removal of left fallopian tube. Right tube open and viable, but "rather enlarged." NO evidence of endometriosis...Uterus looks beautiful and "very capable" of carrying a pregnancy!
    October 2012 - Clomid 50mg + trigger + IUI = BFN
    With all factors taken into account, RE is recommending IVF. Planning on moving forward with treatment as a single woman using DS by Summer 2013.
    After 17 months of trying, Surprise BFP #1 2.15.2008 | EDD 8.7.2008 | Lost 2.16.2008
    After 2 more years of trying, Surprise BFP #2 1.29.2012 | EDD 9.11.2012 | Lost 1.29.2012
    Surprise BFP #3 3.27.2012 | EDD 12/2/2012 | Lost 4.1.2012
    imageimage
    someecards.com - Get a colonic?!? Some older lady said that's what she did to cure her infertility...Who knew a fancy enema and a sparkling clean ass would cure my infertility.
    My Blog Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"