Success after IF
Options

Please recommend your car seat/stroller

I'm overwhelmed, and we even took a friend who just had  a baby with us to register.

I am looking for an infant carrier that can be removed and put into a stroller.   Once the kiddo outgrows this we will get a convertible seat & a more portable stroller.

I want one that is easy to fold up and use, more lightweight (I know most are big and bulky), and the stroller is easy to push and a smooth ride- and most importantly a safe infant seat.  I definitely like the idea of being able to move the baby without taking him out of the car seat- so I definitely want an infant seat

I am due in October so won't be pushing the stroller outside until next spring d/t winter weather.... so I wonder if I should even get a travel system?  I would use it in stores, etc, but could also probably just put the carrier in a buggy.

Kiddo would probably be 6 mos old before we would be using the stroller outdoors.

Thanks- I am currently on PAIF 

Surprise BFP after 5 yrs of TTC

Re: Please recommend your car seat/stroller

• Options
    We got the Graco Alano travel system and while it was great to have the whole thing with a June baby....the stroller isn't as great and started sticking when we opened/closed it a month or so ago.   The snugride 22 carrier is great though, so I would recommend that with maybe a snap n go stroller frame.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options
    We used a Graco snap-n-go "stroller" and a Graco Snugride 35 infant seat until we transitioned DS to a convertible car seat. No complaints here! The snap-n-go is extremely affordable, lightweight, and easy to manage. It's ideal for taking your LO in and out of stores, etc. and is perfectly adequate for walks around the neighborhood and that sort of thing. It will fit most infant seat models, so you have a lot of flexibility on the type of car seat you want to use with it. 

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options

DH was very picky with the stroller....we went with the jeep liberty galaxy

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3502257&cp=2255957.2273443.3561177.3561193&green

we wanted to get something baby can grow with, and it has great features, its a little bulky, but i manage it fine

once we picked that out, we picked an infant seat that is compatible with it, we chose baby trend eazy flex lock, it has the triangular handle which is comfy to hold at any angle, and is pretty light weight, it snaps right on top of the stroller. i love it!!

that way when LO is bigger we just need a bigger car seat not a stroller too.

**~*Noelle*~**
    Happily Wed DH in May 2010
    June 2012: DD#1 born after countless fertility cycles, our 4 year old miracle 
    TTC #2: current cycle: 225iu Menopur for 4 weeks, Ovidrel Trigger= BFP! Beta #1; 333, Beta #2 713! 1st u/s showed TWINS (7/18)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We have a city select stroller that I love but it is heavy.  Honestly for the first several months of DS's life I used our Chicco Keyfit 30 in a snap n go (though I think the one that fits the Chiccos is called something else).  It was fantastic for mall trips or other in and out trips.  I wouldn't recommend it for long walks on sidewalks, etc though.  
    Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • Options

I used the chicco key fit 30 with a car seat adapter for my city mini...love, love, love the city mini!  Super light, easy to use.

We also weren't too focused on stroller system at first because I was having an October baby and thought it would be too cold to go on walks before he was 6 months old.  With the warm winter we got out a ton (just bundled the baby up) and I was really glad we had an easy to use system. 

TTC since April 2009 dx = PCOS; TTC History for DS - A FET miracle after 7 IUIs; 2 fresh transfers, and 1 other FET resulted in BFNs. Hoping and Praying for baby #2: Cycle 1 - FET; November 2012 BFN Next Steps - who knows? Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagesteveandkim2:

I used the chicco key fit 30 with a car seat adapter for my city mini...love, love, love the city mini!  Super light, easy to use.

This!

Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I got the Chicco Keyfit 30 car seat (love love love!) in the travel system with the Chicco Cortina stroller.  It worked well when I snapped the car seat in, but I really didn't like how bulky it was when we were done with the infant seat and just using the stroller.  I recently got the 2012 City Mini and love it (it has updates from the 2011 that changed my mind on getting it, I originally didn't want it because of those issues that have since been corrected)... highly recommend and wish I had just gotten a snap and go for the car seat initially.  Chicco makes their own called the Keyfit Caddy, I think.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    laura1laura1 member

We had the graco snugride 22 with the "snugrider" - aka the snap and go for the graco seats.  You could even find one of snap and go's on craigslist - it is just a frame for the seat to snap into.  Totally fine to get second hand!  

We were also perfectly happy with the snugride 22.  The infant seats are heavy anyway, so I can't see carrying it around with a baby bigger than 20lbs.  And both of my kids are small - DD was in her infant seat until she was 13 months and only then hitting 20lbs.  Both of my kids are STILL under 30lbs (at 2 and 3 years old), and would have FAR outgrown the infant seat by height!  From my perspective, save your money and just get the lower weight limit infant seat! 

TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagekbeach82:
    We used a Graco snap-n-go "stroller" and a Graco Snugride 35 infant seat until we transitioned DS to a convertible car seat. No complaints here! The snap-n-go is extremely affordable, lightweight, and easy to manage. It's ideal for taking your LO in and out of stores, etc. and is perfectly adequate for walks around the neighborhood and that sort of thing. It will fit most infant seat models, so you have a lot of flexibility on the type of car seat you want to use with it. 

This is exactly what we did, and it worked out very well for us.

• Options
    We have the britx b ready stroller and the b safe infant seat. I love, love both Of them. My only complaint is the stroller is seriously bulky(it does have the option to become a double). It doesn't always fit down aisles and it takes up quite a bit of trunk space and I have a small SUV. The Seat pops out and you can set the infant seat right in the stroller frame, which is cool. The shade canopy and basket are both HUGE too which I love. If you can't decide, I'd go with the infant seat you want and a used snap n go. That way you can decide what kind of stroller works for your lifestyle.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We have the Orbit Baby.  Its a bit pricey, but awesome!!

Its produced in Canada, all organic/natural materials. The infant seat also can be used with or without the base.  I would only use the  in a bind, vacation destinations, airplane, etc but its nice to have the option.

Good Luck.

Michelle
    Blythe Elizabeth is here March 27,2012
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

hated travel system. If I did it again, I would get a chicco key fit 30infant seat again, with a britax b-ready or a city mini stroller. I LOVE my city mini, it is the BEST stroller ever. 

2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"