Success after IF
Options

Nervous about stopping Progesterone...

Hi all,

I am now 10 weeks and STILL pregnant!!  Our RE told us that we can stop the injections after the weekend and although my bruised butt will be glad for the break I am pretty nervous about it.  I have had a miscarriage (5 weeks) so I guess this is a normal feeling.   I read that the placenta is now producing progesterone.  I wondered how it is that the RE can just pick a date at random and KNOW that there will be enough progesterone.  I'm also worried that there will be some withdrawal effect... I should have asked these questions before I got discharged!!

TIA 

Re: Nervous about stopping Progesterone...

• Options
    My RE wanted me to stop at 7 weeks. I just couldn't do it! I was so freaked out, I weaned myself off by slowly reducing the dose over an additional week. Everything worked out fine for me, so hopefully you'll be good too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I stopped all supplements (estrogen and progesterone) at 10 weeks per my RE's direction, and I remember being extremely nervous to do so. I did experience some minor withdrawal symptoms, but they only lasted for a few days. Although the date for discontinuing your progesterone may seem random to you, try to rest assured that your RE is confident that the placenta will be able to maintain your pregnancy on its own at this point in your pregnancy. 

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's definitely scary to "stop cold turkey", but somewhere between 8 and 10 weeks is the average time that most RE's tell their patients to stop all meds.   Congrats on graduating! 
    2nd ectopic resulted in loss of tube. HSG revealed remaining tube is "severely torqued".
    IVF #1: ER 03/29/10; ET 04/01/10: transferred 2 embies; Beta #1 (9dp3dt)- 45; Beta #2 (11dp3dt)- 91= BFP
    FET#1: ET 04/18/12: transferred 4 embies; Beta #1: >2 = BFN
    IVF #2: ER 06/20/12; ET 6/25/12: transferred 2 embies; Beta #1 on 7/5/12= BFN
    8/16: hysteroscopy for polyp removal
    11/11: hysteroscopy #2 for yet another polyp removal
    FET#2: ET 12/15/12: transferred 3 embies; Beta #1 (9dp5dt): 12/24/12: 426; Beta #2 (11dp5dt): 845= BFP
    u/s 1/9= triplets!; miscarried all three on 1/10/13...

• Options
    Your feelings are totally normal. I was also nervous to stop progesterone, but when your RE tells you to stop your body has taken over progesterone production. Before DS I had m/c at 12 weeks and 8 weeks so I totally understand what that can do to your confidence. But your body is ready to take over :) Congratulations!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options

Wow thanks for the vote of confidence ladies!!  I will be still crossing my fingers and probably taking it easy for a few days and put some trust into my body!

Thanks again

• Options
    I was apprehensive too, but it all worked out in the end.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Why don't you just start tapering the dose down.  That's what I did around 11weeks
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"