Georgia Babies

GA PreK vs. Private PreK - share your experiences/opinions please

We are debating between the two. Moving to a GA program will save us $100 per week once you compare costs with food and before/after care. It will involve moving to a different daycare. I'm mainly wondering about curriculum differences, limitations, etc.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: GA PreK vs. Private PreK - share your experiences/opinions please

• myrallmyrall member

We're going private because it's attached to our daycare. I had Geneva wait-listed last year for two GA-PreKs Downtown and we didn't make it into either. And with paying before and aftercare costs, it shakes out almost cheaper to stay with our current facility.

ETA: Based on what I learned about the curriculum, the GA-PreK is fairly rigid. Rigid meaning structured. Private Pre-Ks are typically more flexible in that regard. Sometimes the private programs cover a little more ground, or allow for longer focus on a specific area. But I would've been fine sending Geneva to either type of program. I don't feel like one would've been lacking over the other. Our choice came down to space availability, convenience, and cost.

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"