December 2011 Moms
Options

Does LO have a favorite book or song/lullaby? Do you?

DS hears all kinds of funny made up songs form both his older sister and me.  I wouldn't say he has a favorite song and usually smiles no matter what he hears.  DH does this goofy "beat-box" sound for him and that draws the biggest smiles ever. 

We have tons of books but his favorite right now is one he received from our Pediatrician at his 6 month appointment.  Its called "Smiles" and is a board book with 6 or 8 close-up pics of other LOs smiling.  He gets so excited and grabs for the book when he sees me get it for him. 

What do your LOs like?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Does LO have a favorite book or song/lullaby? Do you?

• Options
    ccip82ccip82 member
    I sing an older song called "Smile" to DD when she's fussy and she loves it. I sing a lot to her throughout the day. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    I don't know if DD has a favorite, but I love "Guess How Much I Love You". I think I read it in a more fun way so she typically acts pretty into it as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Abby grabs for my hands now for our Patty cake sessions :) Otherwise it's mostly made up songs or her brothers doing dances for her to get her giggles going :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    sagoonsagoon member
    He seems equally interested in all books but he LOVES playing pat-a-cake.  He smiles every time we do it.

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We sing Johnny Cash's "Walk the Line" to LO when he goes to bed for the night and for naps. We sing all 4 verses. Some of the lyrics are actually really sweet. DH was raised by his Grandma and she used to sing that to him a lot as a kid. We wanted to carry on that tradition. LO loves it. I put the classic country Pandora station on sometimes and when that song comes on he gets really quiet and smiles. :) As far as books, he loves when Daddy reads "Fox in Socks" to him because Daddy reads it super fast and makes funny voices. 
    Because you're mine, I walk the line....
    Landry Mark: 11/5/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We read Eric Carle books a lot bc a lot of them are board books, colorful, simple, and repetitive. He likes Patty Cake, Itsy Bitsy Spider, and This Little Piggy. Daddy makes up songs and whistles at him a lot. He loves that too. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Success After Losses. I carry your <3, I carry it in my <3.</br>
  • Options

DD loves Itsy Bitsy Spider.  She gets so excited when I start singing it.  She also likes the theme song to the new My Little Pony show and Soft Kitty {from The Big Bang Theory}.  hehehe

She also gets really excited when I start reading "Hands, Hands, Fingers, Thumb".  I love watching her try to turn the pages.  :)

BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    we read books before naps. She seems to prefer 'Bialosky Stays Home' & 'The DayJimmy's Boa Ate The Wash'. Both are books my dad read to me as a child.
    June 2016 April Siggy Challenge: Reasons my kid is crying

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    RicolaRicola member
    DS loves the Beatles and All my loving is his favorite. We also sing him Moves like Jagger when he is grumpy and he lights up as soon as he hears...and it goes like this! Super cute :-)
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    sagoonsagoon member
    imagehermioneorourke:

DD loves Itsy Bitsy Spider.  She gets so excited when I start singing it.  She also likes the theme song to the new My Little Pony show and Soft Kitty {from The Big Bang Theory}.  hehehe

She also gets really excited when I start reading "Hands, Hands, Fingers, Thumb".  I love watching her try to turn the pages.  :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one that sings 'Soft Kitty'  to my kid. Wink

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My DS loves Brown Bear Brown, What do You See, it one of the few books he actually looks at while I read instead of trying to eat.  He loves pat a cake and itsy bitsy spider as well as my crazy made up songs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 0015-1
  • Options

Count me in as another mom who sings Soft Kitty.  Margo loves it, especially when she's cranky in the car.  I'm trying to figure out how to put this vinyl decal on my horrible textured walls.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/91231624/soft-kitty-warm-kitty-big-bang-theory?ref=sr_gallery_10&ga_includes[0]=tags&ga_search_query=soft+kitty&ga_page=1&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

I read lots of Little Critter books to Margo, because those were one of my favorites.  I also like the Dinosaur books, like How Does A Dinosaur Play With His Friends. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

DS still loves the 101 Dalmatians book "Speak Up, Patch!" with the rubber puppy attached to the page that you squeak at certain times in the story.

His favorite song right now is "I Like to Move It" from Madagascar.   But we sing and listen to a lot of songs, and he pretty much smiles or settles down whenever I start singing anything.

May Siggy Challenge: TV mom

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    imageMehllers:

Count me in as another mom who sings Soft Kitty.  Margo loves it, especially when she's cranky in the car.  I'm trying to figure out how to put this vinyl decal on my horrible textured walls.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/91231624/soft-kitty-warm-kitty-big-bang-theory?ref=sr_gallery_10&ga_includes[0]=tags&ga_search_query=soft+kitty&ga_page=1&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

I read lots of Little Critter books to Margo, because those were one of my favorites.  I also like the Dinosaur books, like How Does A Dinosaur Play With His Friends. 

Holy monkey!  I need those decals in my life ASAP!  Thank you for sharing those!  I may have to beg DH to let me splurge since we have room on her wall!  :D

BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    Somehow I got into the habit of singing the Beatles "When I'm 64" to DS every night before bed.  I think I was really sleep deprived and that was the only song that I could remember all the words start to finish.  It's become our nightly bedtime song.  He's also another baby who loves "Moves like Jagger".
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"