Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Which dishwashing soap do you use to hand wash baby bottles?

I am trying to figure out which dish soap is the best to use :)

Re: Which dishwashing soap do you use to hand wash baby bottles?

• Options

I just use regular dish soap. I do use a baby facecloth to wash them and keep that separate from my regular dish cloth. And I make sure to rinse them well with hot water and sit them to air dry on a baby bottle specific towel. 

I have only boiled my bottles and accessories once when I first bought them. I hope that's not bad!?!?! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Closer to Nature and/or Dapple baby bottle and utensil cleaners- both available at Babies R Us
  • Options
    i just use regular dishsoap. i was them with a bottle brush, and then put them on a bottle drying rack. its all kept on the other side of the sink so it doesn't get mixed with regular dishes or anything. i also sanitize them in the dishwasher once a week.
    Meagan and Travis
    BFP 2/27/11 Missed M/C 4/2/11
    BFP 6/8/11 Delilah Rae born February 17, 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemeaganbrand:
    i just use regular dishsoap. i was them with a bottle brush, and then put them on a bottle drying rack. its all kept on the other side of the sink so it doesn't get mixed with regular dishes or anything. i also sanitize them in the dishwasher once a week.

This exactly. I try to sterilize them in the microwave once a week but i don't freak out if it doesn't happen.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I also use regular dish soap. I wash bottles separate in hot water and they have their own drying rack, and I use a bottle brush.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I use Dawn free & clear.
    DSC_2051 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We use either Seventh Generation or Method - nothing special for baby.  As long as you rinse them well and air dry, I think anything is fine.  We just prefer the eco-friendly ones - fewer crazy chemicals.

FACEBOOK FEB 12 BUMPIES ADMIN - POST & PM ME TO JOIN 

• Options
    Palmolive makes a "baby" dish soap but I don't think it really makes a big difference as it all rinses off.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm with others - just regular old dish soap.  Hot water is a must, and full drying on their own towel/rack.  Since DD started daycare, I will boil her nipples and pacifiers once a week.
  • Options

imagesalt78:

This one, I was using baby palmolive I think, but it was leaving soap residue. It was freaking me out that no matter how much I rinsed there was always soap. I also sterlize my bottles every day I use plastic avent bottles im just so freaked about germs when it comes to plastic.

• Options
    I use Dapple or Sun and Earth. Most "regular" detergents are petroleum based and do leave a residue.
    Soon to be Big Sister Eowyn - DOB February 2012
     BabyFruit Ticker

My family is a Foreign Service family. Families like mine are posted in every corner of the globe. We live our lives away from family, friends and the conviences and comforts of home. We often live and work in dangerous places among those that misunderstand our intentions and purposes. Sometimes members of our ranks sacrifice our lives to further diplomacy.  Please remember that we serve too. And I'm always open to questions.

• Options

imagenoryang:
    I use Dapple or Sun and Earth. Most "regular" detergents are petroleum based and do leave a residue.

Agreed. Dapple is plant based and rinses beautifully! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"