TTC after 35

Babies at the RE's office

Just wondering how others felt about this.

I'm bumping from my phone in my RE's waiting room and there's a couple in here with what I'm guessing is an 8-month old.

I can only assume they are here to conceive a 2nd.  My husband and I always make arrangements for our daughter to stay at home and I would never bring her here out of respect for the other patients. 

Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart

Re: Babies at the RE's office

• Yeah, I ran into this at my RE's office also, a lady there I assume was TTC'ing #2 and had her infant there crawling everywhere.  I would think that being someone who had gone through this process would make her more sensitive to this but obviously not (or maybe she didn't have anyone to look after the baby for her to go to appts).  You can't avoid babies these days even at the RE!

Me:40 AMA, DH:36 0% morph, TTC#1;
    BFP#1 4/2011, MMC 6/2011 11wks Trisomy 13;
    BFP#2 11/2011, CP
    FSH: 17.9, AMH: 2.2
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: ER 4/3: 5R,4M,4F
    ET 4/6 All 4 (1-8A+, 2-8A-, 1-3A) BFP#3
    Two weeks of beta hell = Blighted Ovum
    IVF#2 Aug/Sept: ER 8/27: 4R,3M,3F
    ET 8/30 (1-8A+, 1-6A+)
    Beta#1 9/10: 350; Beta#2 9/12: 796; Beta#3 9/20: 9155
    Expecting Boy/Girl Twins! My babies were born 4/23/13 at 36w1d!

• I think what's irritating me about this situation is that it's a couple and this office is 1 block away from a nice park and the city zoo.  They both don't have to be here.

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

-Back to the RE-

image image

My Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • It used to bother me, but not so much lately, especially when we're all waiting for early a.m. monitoring. Maybe I just got used to it. Don't get me wrong, if I catch a glimpse of a stroller or child, I still immediately box out that section of the room from my sight somehow, but it just doesn't bother me like it used to.
    TTC #1 since June 2010
    Me: 36, DH: 42
    Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
  • Yeah that would bother me too but I also see a pregnant woman with a bump at the grocery store and think she is "flaunting" it (haha crazy) so what do I know...
    Me:39 Dx LPD, Fibroid, AMA and all that goes with that. H:37 Dx low motility and low morphology. TTC since 3/12. Clomid 8/12 and 9/12: BFN. 11/12 on a break for Myomectomy sched. 11/26. Resume TTC early 2013.
  • My RE's office has a "no children present" rule. I like it. 

Their success just reminds me of my failure. Sad 

TTC since 10/2010
    IUIs # 1-5 = BFFN
    IVF # 1(July 2012) = BFN
    IVF # 2 (November 2012) = BFP (MIssed MC D&C @ 8w3d on 1/10/13)
    IVF # 3 (June 2013) = BFN 
    IVF # 4 (September 2013) = BFP Fraternal twin boys! (Loss at 21w6d due to IC on 1/26/14...devastated.)
    3/21/14--TAC (transabdominal cerclage) w/Dr. Davis in NJ
    IVF # 5 (May 2014) = BFN
    FET (August 2014) = BFN

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imageMaybe Joleisa:

My RE's office has a "no children present" rule. I like it. 

That's nice.

Me:39 Dx LPD, Fibroid, AMA and all that goes with that. H:37 Dx low motility and low morphology. TTC since 3/12. Clomid 8/12 and 9/12: BFN. 11/12 on a break for Myomectomy sched. 11/26. Resume TTC early 2013.
  • My RE's office is part of a greater Women's Health Center which includes the lab and also a Bladder Control center-- which cracks me up, because I loved sitting next to older women in the waiting room who had no bladder control because they had 6 children (we have a predominantly French-Canadian Catholic population here in my city)!

I like to think that if I fail to have children, I could at least rest easy that I would not be like those women who peed every time they stood up or had their vaginas and/or bladders invert and fall out of their bodies! They don't talk about that on the Duggars' show!

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• imagedanieleandwayne:

My RE's office is part of a greater Women's Health Center which includes the lab and also a Bladder Control center-- which cracks me up, because I loved sitting next to older women in the waiting room who had no bladder control because they had 6 children (we have a predominantly French-Canadian Catholic population here in my city)!

I like to think that if I fail to have children, I could at least rest easy that I would not be like those women who peed every time they stood up or had their vaginas and/or bladders invert and fall out of their bodies! They don't talk about that on the Duggars' show!

No joke! I know someone who only had ONE kid and she pees everytime she does jumping jacks. It's is #27 on the list of things I am horrified of happening to me if I do conceive.

• I have yet to see any babies at my RE's office thank goodness.  I guess there will be situations when they just have to bring them so I get that but if it were me I would not want to at all.  This is one thing I liked so much about going to the RE instead of the OB.  Last week I had to go to the ob to schedule my d&c and had to sit in the waiting room for two hours because the doctor was called to the hospital.  Its a really busy office and I must have seen over 30 hugely pregnant women and heard multiple annoying conversations of unplanned pregnancies. 

TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • It sort of bothers me, but I also sort of understand why people bring their children. It's only when the families are particularly loud that I really care. 

Oddest situation I've encountered: when I was having the D&C for my nonviable pregnancy, the young woman being prepped after me was having one for an unwanted, presumably viable, pregnancy. While that didn't emotionally bother me, the memory has stuck with me.

I think I've gotten to the point where I truly know that other people's lives have no bearing on my own. 

• I freakin' hate it.  There are none at my RE's office.  I've needed to go to a large fertility clinic here in Chicago (not my RE) for a support group.  Always babies and toddlers there.  This clinic must see hundreds of women a day, so I'm sure its offensive to someone other than me.

One morning, following my 4th failed IUI, I was especially bitchy.  One kid (unsupervised) was holding open the clinic door for me, and playing, not letting me through, running in front of me to block my entrance when I tried to adjacent door, etc.  OK, nice, but I was not in the mood.  I was polite and just going to ignore it. The mom came up to me and instead of just saying nothing, said "isn't she cute? just adorable".  I ripped into her and said something like, "don't you know where you are?  You're in a fertility clinic with women unable to conceive and several facing multiple losses. You really think it's appropriate to allow your toddler to play in the entry area?".

She replied (just completely unknowingly and very sincerely), "I know, right?  It's pretty funny".

Some people just don't get it.  I know it was probably inappropriate for confronting her, but I was in a really bad mood.

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• Chicagobride,  That woman was an unbelievable tool..some people really are clueless.

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

-Back to the RE-

image image

My Chart
  • I am always amazed by people's obliviousness.  My husband and I went for an IUI on a Sunday morning and there was a family there - husband, wife, a nine year old boy, and a six year old girl.  I just really couldn't believe that those children were there.  They were both reading books and behaving themselves, but I couldn't help thinking that it was inappropriate for children who were aware of their surroundings to be there. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MAtoNCMAtoNC member
    After I got my BFP (1st loss), I was getting my beta drawn. It was a Thursday, which meant I would have to come in on Saturday. My husband was out of town, and I didn't know if I was going to be able to childcare for my toddler. I asked the nurse what to do, and she said not to worry about it because people bring their kids all the time. I was still totally freaking out and mortified at the thought of maybe having to bring him. In the end, we just waited 4 days and I came in on the following Monday instead.
    Married 4/12/08 DS born 11/17/2009 via c-section at 39 weeks. 11/12/2011 BFP #2!! m/c 7w5d. 2/28/2012 BFP #3 Beta #1-12dpo = 18; Beta #2-16dpo = 185; Beta #3-18dpo = 505. EDD 11/10/2012. Ectopic discovered at 5w4d. D&C followed by methotrexate.
  • I'm thankful that my RE office has a sign posted that says "due to the sensitive nature, please no children"  and it's posted several places - right outside of the elevator doors, one by the reception desk and another in the waiting room.  I have only seen a few women pregnant at my office and I think it's for monitoring appts and that's tough to see but children would be so much more difficult.   

Me 38 MH 41 - TTC since June 2010 - dx with Severe MFI. Straight to IVF with ICSI. IVF #1 - ER 06/13/12 - 9 Eggs Retrieved - 4 ICSI'd - only 2 fert. 06/15/12 - 2DT - 3 cell & 6 cell with fragmentation. Beta 06/29/12 - IVF #1 = BFN. 07/20/12 - WTF Appt -Told by our RE to quit IVF. Second Opinion from RE is good. IVF#2 - November 2012. Estradiol Pills Started 11/6. Stims start 11/16. ER 11/26 - 7 eggs retrieved - all mature. 4 fertilized with ICSI. ET 11/29 Transferred 3 embryos. Beta is 12/10. 1st Beta 81 2nd Beta 160 and 3rd beta 360!!! First U/S 12/21/12 - We saw one beautiful gest. sac. 2nd U/S is 01/04/2013 - H/B 183 02/05/13 - NT Scan - everything looks good and IT'S A BOY!  Aiden was born 08/20/2013.

IVF #2 is in progress.  ER was 05/12/14 - 11 eggs retrieved, 8 fertilized with ICSI.  ET was 05/15/14 - we transferred 3 embryos as we did on the cycle my son was conceived.  We were able to freeze 3 embryos. Beta is scheduled for 05/26/14.  1st beta - 111.  2nd beta - 159 didn't double :( 3rd beta Friday 5/30) - not a lot of hope left. Beta # 3 is 247 - probably ectopic.  Beta # 4 is 813 - possibly vanishing multiple sydrome?  06/05/14 - 5w4days - first U/S - we see a gestational sac and yolk - still have hope!  06/17/14 - 7w1day - U/S and saw and heard the heartbeat - Finally!  06/27/14 - 8w4days - Baby and heartbeat look and sound great :)  EDD 02/01/14 and It's a boy!

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageMarylandWed:
    imageMaybe Joleisa:

My RE's office has a "no children present" rule. I like it. 

That's nice.

It's nice when you're TTC baby #1, not baby #2.  Not everyone has childcare and sometimes you have to bring your kid with you.  I try to avoid bringing DD as much as I can, but sometimes I have no choice.  Luckily my office is very understanding.  Infertility is hard enough without having to stress about childcare issues.  When I was TTC baby #1 sometimes I saw toddlers at the office.  It didn't thrill me, but I handled it just fine and I have faith in other women that they can cope, too.  Anyways, in order to get to the office I saw plenty of kids on the subway, on the sidewalk etc so it's not like it was more or less difficult to see them upstairs in the office.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"