TTC after 35

Back from the RE (long)

Okay, first things first: they took some blood and luckily enough, the lab runner was in the office and waited so he could take my sample straight to the lab. I should have results within 2 hours! 

Second, the RE was AWESOME! He was easy to talk to, very knowledgeable-- he goes to conferences all the time to stay up on the latest (and he says that this area of medicine is making INCREDIBLE advances all the time, but more on that later), and he took all the time we needed to get everything laid out on the table. Also, he said I have charts that belong in a text book because they're so awesome. (While I'd love to take credit for them, it's mostly my body doing all the work for them, so it's nice to think that my hormones may just be doing what they need to do.)

If I'm preggers, I'll probably take some progesterone supps just to make sure my pregnancy sticks until my body takes over and makes its own in abundance. He says it won't hurt, won't cause any side effects because it's such a smaller amount than my own body will make in 6 weeks, and it might make me rest easier in the meantime. 

If I'm not pregnant, we have a plan to do the CD3 bloodwork, levels, etc. And if we need to, we'll do an US of my ovaries to check on my eggs. 

Now on to the knowledgeable part. Things I learned today:

a) I was probably anovulatory from age 11 until 15, when I went on the pill. The pill probably regulated me and settled things down enough to let me ovulate. It was the best thing I could have been on. It also probably saved up a TON of eggs and allowed me to be in a good place now that I'm older. 

b) Depo sucked for all those same reasons-- it throws off your pituitary gland, your adrenals, etc. which then makes your ovaries clamp down, your cervix and uterus shrink... all bad for conception and it takes longer to recover from it all. Good thing I went straight from depo to the Mirena iud!

c) Within the next 10 years, they are probably going to have a cure for women whose eggs are too old and tired to be viable. He said he just attended a 1-day conference by a guy whose research has been isolating the mechanism in an egg that prevents it from being able to start dividing once fertilized into a viable and sustainable embryo. How freaking cool is that?!? Too late for some of us, but it's nice to know that there are scientists out there taking this IF stuff seriously for us older ladies!

d) My levels of Clomid (anything 100mg and under) do not thin the uterine lining. So my uterus should be okay to house a wee babe unless I have a hormonal issue. 

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it! I'll of course post the results of the blood test. (I'm a little nervous about it because with my sister's 2nd kid, the blood test was negative, but the HPT was positive-- and she was obviously pregnant because my nephew is 5 years old.)

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
        -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
<br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

Re: Back from the RE (long)

• OMG... you're killing me! :)  My body is hurting from being contorted all morning in order to have everything crossed for you!  I hope everything turns out "positive" (nudge, nudge - get it?).  But in any case, it seems you found a great doctor that will help going forward no matter what. 

You've always made me laugh when I have a craptastic day, so I REALLY hope this is it for you.  I need some good news after my crappy CD1 one yesterday!  Can't wait to hear results later!!!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• No matter what the blood work shows it sounds like you are having a great day and have a good game plan for either scenario (but I think you know what we all want the results to show).  Thanks so much for keeping us all in the loop!
    Me 39 & suspected PCOS, DH 42. Went off BCP when we got married in 11/11, seriously TTC since 3/12.  Six cycles of clomid = BFNs.  Suspected endometriosis & HSG showed both tubes blocked.  Sept 2013 IVF 5D transfer of two perfect embryos = BFN.  Started acupuncture and taking time off to drop some pounds & get healthier before FET in April 2014.
  • Loading the player...
  • I sooooo hope today turns out to be the best day ever for you and your DH! Regardless, it sounds like you are in terrific hands with your new RE. Everything crossed that this is your BFFP!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • FX the plan with your RE is not needed! I hope you hear some good beta news soon!

TTC since 10/2010
    IUIs # 1-5 = BFFN
    IVF # 1(July 2012) = BFN
    IVF # 2 (November 2012) = BFP (MIssed MC D&C @ 8w3d on 1/10/13)
    IVF # 3 (June 2013) = BFN 
    IVF # 4 (September 2013) = BFP Fraternal twin boys! (Loss at 21w6d due to IC on 1/26/14...devastated.)
    3/21/14--TAC (transabdominal cerclage) w/Dr. Davis in NJ
    IVF # 5 (May 2014) = BFN
    FET (August 2014) = BFN

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • This is all such GREAT news. I am SOOO excited for you!! I am checking TB more often than I am checking my FB today! (And, I check my FB a LOT!)
    "Don't look back, you can never look back." - Don Henley
  • Wow, so exciting!!! Your RE sounds great!

nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Hope you get good news today, but glad you are happy with the RE, just in case.
    TTC #1 since June 2010
    Me: 36, DH: 42
    Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
  • Yeah!  Wooh Hooh.... I'll be checking back in 2 hours for the results.  Which I have a good feeling are going to be great!

I hope so, I am getting the kahoonies up to make my intros on the PG>35 board and would really love it if there were some familiar faces. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Breast Cancer diagnosis 12/01/2010 - Survivor and Cancer free as of 03/22/2011
    BFP#1 04/12/201
    1 - fetal demise - MC 05/28/2011
    BFP#2 10/14/2011 - fetal demise - MC 12/13/2011
    BFP#3 05/30/2012 - fetal demise - MC 07/23/2012
    IVF#1 02/14/2013 - 2 Beautiful Blasts transferred
    BFP#4 02/25/2013 - BFP - MC and ectopic 03/06/2013

IFV#2 07/02/2013 -BFP#5 - 07/07/2013
    1st Beta 07/11/2013 - 483 (9dp5dt) - 2nd Beta 07/13/2013 1006 (11dp5dt)
    1st U/S 07/31/2013 - TWINS! "The Minions"
    IVF#3 BFP#6 09/01/2015 6dp5dt
    1st Beta 09/05/2015 - 105 - 2nd Beta 09/08/2015 335
    1st U/S 09/22/2015 - .......

• I am so glad you like your RE and had an encouraging appt!!  I am DYING right now though for you! LOL!
  • ***TICKER WARNING***

Danielle!  Fx for you!  Do you have the results yet?  It's been over an hour since your OP & I am absolutely bursting with anticipation!

• No phone call yet.

The nurse said to call if I haven't heard anything by 3pm...

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Rooting for you! I remember that waiting for the phone call from the RE anxiety. Hope you can distract yourself with something really fun (or at least with work!) Stay strong! Everything crossed for you!
    DD 2007 DD 2010 Expecting #3
  • Sounds like you had a great appt!  I can't wait to hear about your results, still crossing everything for you!

Interesting about the pill possibly saving up your eggs.  I was on the pill for a long time too, I figure that is why my AMH is still relatively good for my age (too bad they are all crappy though!).

Me:40 AMA, DH:36 0% morph, TTC#1;
    BFP#1 4/2011, MMC 6/2011 11wks Trisomy 13;
    BFP#2 11/2011, CP
    FSH: 17.9, AMH: 2.2
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: ER 4/3: 5R,4M,4F
    ET 4/6 All 4 (1-8A+, 2-8A-, 1-3A) BFP#3
    Two weeks of beta hell = Blighted Ovum
    IVF#2 Aug/Sept: ER 8/27: 4R,3M,3F
    ET 8/30 (1-8A+, 1-6A+)
    Beta#1 9/10: 350; Beta#2 9/12: 796; Beta#3 9/20: 9155
    Expecting Boy/Girl Twins! My babies were born 4/23/13 at 36w1d!

• Sounds like you had a great appt, but I am hoping that you never have to see the RE again when you get your blood test results back in mere minutes....
  • imagedanieleandwayne:

No phone call yet.

The nurse said to call if I haven't heard anything by 3pm...

It is after 3.  I hope that you are busy trying to word your BFP post Big Smile

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm away from the board for a few days and I miss the biggest news ever?  It figures!  I spent the entire time I was reading this and your other post going, "OMG, OMG, OMG, is she really pregnant?!?!" and fist pumped the minute I saw your chart and read your posts.  I'm ridiculously happy for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"