Single Parents

First night at their dad's

This will be my 2yo and almost 4yo's first night spending the night at their dad's (which conveniently is where they lived with all of us up until a month ago, so it IS familiar).

The little one will be in a twin bed for the first time, and she LOVES to get out of bed about 15 times a night. Dad won't be as nice as me. :(

And as much as they seem OK with the idea of it, I'm so worried that they'll be sad and miss me and want to come back to my house. They're so attached to me.

Words of encouragement to keep me from crying all night? (Yes, I do plan to go out tonight and have wine to numb the pain. Not a lot, though.) :)

Re: First night at their dad's

• The great thing is that this was their home previously so they don't have to get used to a new place, it will already feel decently comfortable for them. From the sound of your post it doesn't seem like you are worried about their safety or well-being, just that you worry that they will be miss you. This is also a good thing. Any time DS goes to his father's I just have to keep telling myself that it will be ok, because constantly worrying about something that is out of your control will mkae you crazy. If you were worried for their safety it would be a completely different situation though.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• ldooldoo member

imagekaholland4:
    The great thing is that this was their home previously so they don't have to get used to a new place, it will already feel decently comfortable for them. From the sound of your post it doesn't seem like you are worried about their safety or well-being, just that you worry that they will be miss you. This is also a good thing. Any time DS goes to his father's I just have to keep telling myself that it will be ok, because constantly worrying about something that is out of your control will mkae you crazy. If you were worried for their safety it would be a completely different situation though.

Do I think he'll do everything perfectly? No. I think he won't pay enough attention to them at bed time and when the older child wakes up really early in the morning. And I fear that if they really want to at least talk to Mommy before bed, he won't let them. Other than that, they'll be fine. I hope they enjoy themselves and are cool with their new sleeping arrangements. Sigh. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"