June 2011 Moms
Options

Pasta salad recipe?

I want to make a pasta salad for Liv's party this weekend. Pinterest isn't working for me so no inspiration there. Looking for tried and true recipes..crowd pleasers. I'm not the greatest cook so easy would be nice too! Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Pasta salad recipe?

• Options
    MrsIMrsI member
    I have one off pinterest that is really good!  Its a sweet pasta salad.  I can't get on at work to give you the recipe but maybe you can look me up? I don't even really know how that works but if you know how send me a PM and I'll give you my info.
  • Options
    WymasaWymasa member
    Thanks I can't seem to send one from my phone but will as soon as im at my computer.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MrsIMrsI member

imageWymasa:
    Thanks I can't seem to send one from my phone but will as soon as im at my computer.

I'll put my name here for now but it's pretty unique so I will edit and delete shortly... let me know if you find it ok.

It's connected to my facebook so [deleted] should find me.  My current last name is [deleted] but there are probably a bunch of those :) 

It's in my recipe board... and i think its called Sweet Pasta Salad or something similar.

• Options

If/When you get the recipe, would you mind adding it here? I'm looking for a pasta salad recipe, too!

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My aunt makes an amazing tortellini salad. Cook pasta Al dente and after cooling add Kens Italian dressing, kalamata olives, feta cheese and red onion.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Options
    kas80kas80 member

This one is super easy and delicious.  

Orzo with feta and cherry tomatoes

• 1 pound orzo (rice-shaped pasta; about 1 cup)
    • 3 tablespoons olive oil
    • 2 small garlic cloves
    • 1 cup packed fresh flat-leafed parsley leaves
    • 12 ounces cherry tomatoes (about 1 pint)
    • 1/2 pound feta
    • 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar

Mince garlic and chop parsley. Quarter tomatoes and coarsely crumble feta. In a large bowl whisk together garlic, parsley, vinegar, remaining tablespoon oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Add tomatoes and feta and gently toss to combine.

Cook orzo in boiling water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. In a large sieve drain orzo and rinse slightly until just warm. Drain orzo well and add to tomato mixture, tossing until just combined.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagewaterfall11:
    My aunt makes an amazing tortellini salad. Cook pasta Al dente and after cooling add Kens Italian dressing, kalamata olives, feta cheese and red onion.
    You could also add tomato and chunks of salami.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Options
  • Options
    cvl105cvl105 member

This is one my friend makes and sent me. I'm making it for Callie's party. It's so good!

SO easy: you can use bow ties, or whatever kind of pasta you like. I just add diced red onion, cucumber, and black olives, some cherry tomatoes and a tub of crumbled feta. Then dress it with Ken's zesty italian dressing and refrigerate!

~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • Options
    imagekas80:

This one is super easy and delicious.  

Orzo with feta and cherry tomatoes

• 1 pound orzo (rice-shaped pasta; about 1 cup)
    • 3 tablespoons olive oil
    • 2 small garlic cloves
    • 1 cup packed fresh flat-leafed parsley leaves
    • 12 ounces cherry tomatoes (about 1 pint)
    • 1/2 pound feta
    • 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar

Mince garlic and chop parsley. Quarter tomatoes and coarsely crumble feta. In a large bowl whisk together garlic, parsley, vinegar, remaining tablespoon oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Add tomatoes and feta and gently toss to combine.

Cook orzo in boiling water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. In a large sieve drain orzo and rinse slightly until just warm. Drain orzo well and add to tomato mixture, tossing until just combined.

Yummm!! I was looking for an orzo recipe! Do you think you could make this the day before? Or would recommend making it the day of? Last stupid question- do you think this would be ok serving cold?

• Options
    kas80kas80 member
    It holds up very well in the fridge and you can definitely serve it cold.  My husband loves this salad so sometimes I just make a double batch on Sunday and he eats it all week.  It's just as good on Friday.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Our tried and true - everyone loves it recipe:

Mix: cheese tortellini, diced Vidalia onion (sweet), decided plum tomatoes, and top with a dressing of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and fresh basil (all spun lightly together in the food precesssor before pouring over cooled pasta.

Easy enough to eyeball the portions/measurements- can't go wrong.

• Options
    MrsIMrsI member
    imageJavaVino910:

Yes that's it!  A friend made it for her DDs 1st Birthday and go rave reviews and DH requested it for DDs.  The apple cider vinegar adds a great swwet but tart taste.  My friend left out the carrots and I will probably do the same.

• Options
    jc&catjc&cat member

This by far is the easiest route and it gets rave reviews each time. Use this blend found in any supermarket and a bottle of kraft zesty italian dressing. Follow the instructions on the side of the spice bottle (basically adding a few cups of chopped veggies and i use either feta cheese or sharp cheddar). I use tri color rotini. It looks very colorful with all the veggies and pasta. DELISH!!

https://www.mccormick.com/Products/Herbs-and-Spices/Blends/Perfect-Pinch/Perfect-Pinch-Salad-Supreme-Seasoning.aspx

• Options
    WymasaWymasa member
    You ladies are awesome! Sorry mrsI I didn't get a chance to pm you but I think someone posted the recipe so thank you. So glad I have lots of choices now. Thanks so much everyone!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"