Trouble TTC
Options

It's been 13 cycles

It has now been 13 cycles since I went off birth control. When I didn't get pregnant within the first 6 months I didn't worry because I was still finishing my Master's and my first year of teaching. I figured I was just stressed.  Then we started coming upon a year and I started to get concerned.  I had never really tracked my ovulation during the last year.  I just tracked my cycles and when we would have sex. Finally last month I bought and ovulation predictor and on day 17 I showed an LH surge (I thought it would never show up). Still this month I am not pregnant.  My cycles vary a bit between 28 and 34 days, but I always get it and it is always 3-4 days long.  I am just so frustrated.  A friend of mine from work started trying for her second about 4 months ago and is already 8 weeks pregnant.  Why can some girls just get pregnant? I have always been healthy and regular.  I just don't understand.  I have an appointment when my regular doctor this week and I will bring it up to him, but I don't know what else to do.

Re: It's been 13 cycles

• Options

Get to your local library and check out Taking Charge of your Fertility.  Between that and fertilityfriend (website), you can learn to chart your cycles and figure out a little about what's going on. 

It can take quite a while for your body to regulate after BCP.  While it's "regulating," charting is the way to go!  GL.

Dx: LPD, late ovulation;
     July 2012:IUI #6 on 7/28, BFP on 8/9,beta 97, 8/11 189, 8/13 400!!   DS born 4/18!
    9/30/13 - Miracle BFP, released from RE 10/21, EDD 6/6/14, DD born 5/27!
    6/19/16 - Miracle BFP, EDD 2/25/17

• Options
    imaged3esika:

Get to your local library and check out Taking Charge of your Fertility.  Between that and fertilityfriend (website), you can learn to chart your cycles and figure out a little about what's going on. 

It can take quite a while for your body to regulate after BCP.  While it's "regulating," charting is the way to go!  GL. 

This. Both are great resources. If you don't know when you ovulate, you could be missing your fertile window every month. Learn how to chart, and if you still haven't had any luck after 4-6 more cycles of well-timed intercourse, a visit to your OB/GYN (and maybe a referral to a RE) is in order. If you are worried, you could always get a semen analysis and maybe have your doc do CD3 bloodwork on you to make sure everything looks good. The next step would probably be an HSG to make sure your tubes are open...that test is a bit more invasive.

GL!

4 IUIs: Bfn
    Antagonist IVF 7 retrieved, 4 fert w/ICSI&AH, 2 blasts transferred. Beta #1 9/20: 367 Beta #2 9/22: 841
    image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Well, how good was your timing? Unless you were having sex 2-3 times per week, you could have been frequently missing your window. If your timing was good, then I would start with a SA and go from there. A primary doc or OB can get you a prescription for the test.

Welcome and good luck! 

Photobucket
  • Options
    Every woman whether or not she's TTC should read Taking Charge of Your Fertility... there's a ton of stuff in there you should just know.  Without charting or using OPKs for the past year, I wouldn't sound the alarm just yet.  Read and educate yourself, you may just be totally off on your timing .  
    TTC #1 2+ Years with Unexplained IF
    1st & Only BFP: 1st IVF w/ ICSI, 3dt of 2 7-cell, grade 2 embryos on 8/25/12
    Beta #1 9/5: 87.2 BFP! - Beta #2 9/7: 248 - 1st US @ 6w3d Two Heartbeats! - MoDi Girls!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    NeeseyNeesey member
    Whatever you decide to do with BBT, SA, HSG etc. don't take clomid unless you are being properly monitored by an RE, not an OB/GYN.  Read the newbie link at the top of the board too.  There is a ton of info there!
     image image image
    TTC since 3/2011 Adenomyosis, LPD, hypothyroidism. 
    BFP on 7/20/12 after 4 cycles Clomid + IUI 
    2 large subchorionic hematomas & no heartbeat at 7w6d   
    D&E 8/18/12 Sonohysterography found septum and necrotic tissue.   
    Hysteroscopy to remove both 10/5
    IUI #5-7 50mg Clomid + trigger = BFN  
    IUI #8 Femara + Bravelle + HCG + Progesterone = BFP 3/27/13
    Beta 1 (13dpo) = 169  Beta 2 (17dpo) = 1073  No heartbeat at 9w3d. 
    D & C 5/10/13  Triploidy 69 (paternal inherited)
    IVF #1 with ICSI and PGS 11R 8M 5F 2 biopsied/frozen
    PGS results = 1 with trisomy 13 & 1 good embryo for FET 
    FET #1 EV, estrace, nitro patches.  Cancelled due to thin lining
    FET #1.2 oral estrace, f'ing nitro patches and no delestrogen.  Transfer 12/31. BFN
    PAIF/SAIF welcome
    Surprise BFP on 6/13/14  Our only unmedicated bfp ever.
    Beta #1 339  Beta #2 649 44 hour doubling time
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"