Baby Showers

Another good one.

So a "friend" of mine (i.e. a person who is on my FB simply because she is unintentionally hysterical) is hosting her own baby shower, to which she invited everyone over Facebook, with the disclaimer "If you can't make it, but want to send gifts, here's my address!" She's now angry that every single person she invited won't be able to make it, so she's pouting. She just cancelled her shower and posted "Well, if not everyone can make it, then I guess this baby isn't important. I'll just hope that everyone still sends their well-wishes by mail (link to registry). If you want to stop by and drop off your gift, let me know."

Also, this is her second child (2 years apart) and she purchased a chandelier for the nursery.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Another good one.

• Oh dear, that is amazing.

?Married 11-1-08 ~ dxPCOS 9-1-11 ~ BFP 2-14-12 ~ T.J. born 11-1-12? Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Tanner James The  BoysWedding Shot
  • Wow. 
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • God, I wish I had "friends" like this on FB.  I would SO say something.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well, if not everyone can make it, then I guess this baby isn't important. I'll just hope that everyone still sends their well-wishes by mail

How passive aggressive. And puh-leeeease! Spare the woe is me. Hmm

• ::facepalm:: wow
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • sesigssesigs member
    This is awful. But I'm glad to know I can always come to the Baby Shower Board for a good laugh! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • First of all unless you children are around 10 years apart you should not have a 2nd shower and especially not one with a registry.  If a small group of close friends or family wants to do something intimate that different but a traditional shower is just asking for gifts.

Second she is horribly rude.  She sounds like a whining teenage.  I wouldn't go and i definitely wouldn't send a gift especially not after that second message.  People probably would have given her something once the baby was born if she wasn't so greedy.  Tell her to grow up and stop putting her hand out for things.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Glad to see people haven't fallen for her sob story. The last thing she needs is others to validate her poor behavior.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • OK, that's utterly ridiculous, but I will defend her on one point: I don't see the problem with purchasing a chandelier for your baby's nursery.
  • Wow..just wow. I would delete her and all her negativity. People like that are out of their effing mind. I had a couple of people on my FB like her and after awhile they are annoying as hell. 
  • eav2ceav2c member
    Klassy.
  • Tongue Tied She sounds like fun...

I have no issue with the chandelier if that's how she wants to decorate,

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Hahaha. Winner!
    Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP #1- 12/7/11 M/C-12/20/11 BFP #2- 2/14/12 EDD- 10/3/12
  • imageAleja0918:
    Glad to see people haven't fallen for her sob story. The last thing she needs is others to validate her poor behavior.

So true!  My jaw literally dropped when I read the OP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Natural miscarriage @ 5w2d 5/25/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLiz4444:

Tongue Tied She sounds like fun...

I have no issue with the chandelier if that's how she wants to decorate,

I agree.  The chandelier idea sounds interesting.  I wish I had someone interesting on my facebook.  Free entertainment!

• Did she mention the chandelier just so no one would buy her another one? From the sound of it, that was the reason for mentioning it....LOL

But yes, I have seen a wall decal of a chandelier and a regular one, and both were super cute! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"