Georgia Babies

Falcons game with a 15 month old?

Has anyone done this? 

My DH has an opportunity through work to get discount tickets, and we haven't been to an NFL game in many years so we'd love to do it. We've never been to the Georgia Dome (we live in Warner Robins) so we have no idea how child-friendly it is. 

We don't even know if we'd have to purchase DD a ticket (hope not!) If you've taken your LO, please tell me how it went. Thanks!

Re: Falcons game with a 15 month old?

• Oh, and right after I posted this DH called to say he could get only upper-level seats, lower ones were sold out :( So, how doable is that?

Thanks again.

• kegkeg member

Well, I haven't been to a Falcons game and haven't been to the Georgia Dome in years, but here's my take on it.  It will depend a lot on your DD.  Is she happy sitting for long periods or does she want to move all-the-time?  Is she sensitive to noise/stimulation?  Also, how much do you really want to see the game? :-)   We took our DDs to a basketball game at Phillips for the first time this year (just over three) and I wouldn't have wanted to do it much younger.  They lasted about a half, and then were ready to do something else, and that was even with snacks and such. I have one that is a little more sensative to noise and she wanted to get out of there when it was really loud.  I'd be a little nervous climbing a ton of concrete steps holding a little one too, but that's just me.  Good luck with whatever you decide!

2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Loading the player...
  • What time would the game be? The times always interfered with DD's nap time, so we have only ever gone to tailgate and then left before the game. A 4pm-something game would probably have been ideal. I totally would have brought DD at a young age. Just the lights and everything else, they would love!

• In my experience a 15 month old does not want to sit still for long at all.  I would get a babysitter and go.  Games in the dome are awesome.  She could get in as long as she is shorter than the turnstyle.  Usually if you are holding them they don't even check.  We took my 3 year old and he didn't last the whole game.  It is also pretty loud.  Not the actual game or the fans but the music and stuff they play.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"