Eco-Friendly Family

Safer hair gel?

My bbig boy got his first short hair do and gets wicked excited when we style it in a faux hawk or "spikeys". Problem is I don't know what "safer" hair product will keep his faux hawk standing for more than ten minutes. I've tried aloe Vera but it really didn't work. We use Cali baby products mostly. If we have to use something with chemicals in it I guess once in awhile won't kill him but I'd like to make it as safe as possible. Plus he gets so excited every morning to "get his spikeys back" i hate to tell him no. Any ideas?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Safer hair gel?

• Try pectin or gelatin (plain) mixed with water.  In the food section of grocery store.  Very cheap.

or marshmellow root powder mixed with water, costs more n harder to find.  they well it at some whole foods.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I make my own! 

Boil 1 tbsp whole flaxseed in 1 cup of water until the liquid is reduced by half. Strain immediately through a sieve to remove the seeds. Let cool and voila! Hair gel! Store covered in the fridge.

For your purposes you might let it boil down to less than half of the liquid to make it thicker/stronger. :) 

After 3 1/2 years of hope and prayers, our sweet baby girl is here! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"