Baby Showers

baby dedication/sip n see party help needed

We were planning to have a sip n see for the baby(no gifts). In my family we have a party for every holiday, baby, etc. I was also planning to have a reception of some sort(dinner) after his dedication/christening. I have decided that I don't want to do both, but my mom keeps asking me what am I going to do and when, she's so excited.  I am not inviting that many ppl to the church but I did want to include everyone after the ceremony. How do I combine the two? How do I word the invitations? Also I usually rent out a space but I'm thinking of doing it at the park. We have some nice shelters at the park. I would like it to be casual but still nice. My colors will be baby blue and yellow. What type of food should I serve? I really didn't want to grill although it's at the park. I'll bring burners for the food if I have to, but I do not want to cook out. I want it to be simple chic. Something nice and summery. Tea and lemonade etc.  I just had my lil boy on Sunday. So it will be in about 6-8wks. All ideas are appreciated.

Re: baby dedication/sip n see party help needed

• Do 2 invitations - one for those invited to the actual dedictation, then one for the party afterwards. 
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• imageEastCoastBride:
    Do 2 invitations - one for those invited to the actual dedictation, then one for the party afterwards. 

Yep...I'd do this.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"