Health & Exercise

Anyone drink almond milk or coconut milk?

Does it taste good and is it suppose to be better than regular milk?

Re: Anyone drink almond milk or coconut milk?

• I like almond milk, it tastes better in smoothies, I mostly like it because it feels better on my tummy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • I drink unsweetened almond because I am allergic to the lactose in cows milk. I think it tastes great and I much prefer it over coconut milk. Rice milk isn't bad either but again I prefer the almond milk. I wouldn't say it is better than cows milk unless you have a dairy allergy. You can find almond milk in several flavors also, my son loves the chocolate almond milk.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't do either of those because I'm allergic to nuts, but I've tried rice milk and flax milk. The rice milk I would compare to skim milk. I love flax milk, though. 

Me:27, DH:28 - DX: MFI, varicocele repair Nov 2011 
    Post-Op SA: Count- 15 million, Motility- 75%, Morphology- 3% 
    IVF with ICSI - Stimming 10/4/12 - 10/13/12, Lupron Trigger
    ER 10/18/1212 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertilized
    5 day transfer 10/23/12, 3 frosties
    Beta #1 11/5/12: 453, Beta #2 11/7/12: 1,013, DD born 7/19/13
  • I like chocolate almond milk in my morning coffee, instead of milk & sugar.  Its also a good "dessert" for the nights when I am craving some ice cream.  It says it has more calcium than milk, but I wouldn't use it as a replacement for regular milk unless you are buying the unflavored kind (IMO does not taste good, I'd rather drink milk).  Otherwise the sugars make it a rather UNHEALTHY choice.

There's a TV commercial that claims most people prefer the taste of almond milk over regular milk...well, if you read the fine print on the commercial, its because they are drinking the VANILLA almond milk.  Which is practically like a vanilla milk shake. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kali55kali55 member

I love almond milk!  My DH loves it in his coffee too!

I drink it because I never really liked milk and I liked it even less after reading Skinny B!tch.   

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I love almond milk.  It sort of tastes like soy milk, just a stronger taste (to me).  Haven't tried coconut milk as I'm traumatized by the coconut water I tried..gotta be the worst thing I've drank..

http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • Unsweetened almond milk has been my main craving.  I'm on my second gallon this week. 

I used to love skim milk, but since getting pregnant, dairy gives me vicious mud-butt.  

• they both taste great however you don't get as much protien as in regular or soy milk. 
  • i like vanilla almond milk... 90 calories per serving. plain has about 35 per serving. they claim it has double the calcium of cows milk and Im assuming none of the added hormones. i tried coconut milk and thought that it was chalky.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I drink unsweetened almond milk because my son has a milk protien allergy and I'm nursing.  I think it tastes better than coconut milk and is smoother than soy milk.  It however in no way tastes like cow milk, but its creamy and healthy!
  • I love almond milk!!! I used to drink unsweetened almond milk everyday (in cereal, coffee, alone, etc.), but now I find that I am craving skim cow's milk. I like it a lot better than soy, rice or coconut milk. They even come in different flavors like vanilla and chocolate if you are into that. I plan on returning to my almond milk once I stop these crazy cravings for regular milk.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    image"">
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We drink almond milk exclusively now. Lo was dairy intolerant, and we just grew to really like the taste. I find it much more neutral than cows milk now. We buy almond breeze. We started out with the sweetened kind - both original and vanilla, but have switched over to the unsweetened. I use the unsweetened plain in baking and drinking, and we use the vanilla in smoothies and cereal. 

Some other brands have a stronger almond taste, IMO.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• We drink sweetened almond milk- I've tried most of the types of almond milk and this one works for me and my 20 mos old.  It has less sugar and more calcium than cow's milk, plus less calories!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagekali55:

I love almond milk!  My DH loves it in his coffee too!

I drink it because I never really liked milk and I liked it even less after reading Skinny B!tch.   

I am a Skinny *** girl.  I love those books!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i love almond milk!  i use it instead of cow milk now.  it cuts WAY back on calories and sugar :)

it has a slight nutty taste, but isn't drastically different from dairy milk.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Hey, Lily!

We buy both kinds, depending on my mood. I think taste is a matter of preference.  Neither has a strong taste, but we also don't drink it plain.  (I was never one for plain milk, either.)  If you're looking for a health upgrade, be sure to look for one that says "unsweetened" on the front.  Both kinds are great for cooking, smoothies, etc. which might be an easy way for you to start acclimating yourself to the taste if you're hoping to start drinking it plain at some point.  They're very versatile drinks.  Hope you like them! 

• I drank almond milk because DS had a dairy intolerance during the first 6 months of BFing... I loved it, especially the chocolate kind!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." x 2

• lycihlycih member
    I like almond milk a lot.  I don't like almond creamer, though, it's not the same in my coffee.

::The sudden disappointment of a hope leaves a scar that even the ultimate fullfillment of that hope cannot fully erase:: Thomas Hardy

BFP #1: 07/08/11  EDD: 03/22/12  Missed miscarriage @ 8w: 08/11/11, stopped growing @ 6w6d
    BFP #2: 03/26/12  EDD: 12/07/12  We have a HB at 7w!! (04/20/12)  CSD born 12/12/12 
    BFP #3: 08/05/14  Chemical Pregnancy at 4w3d 08/06/14
    BFP #4: 10/02/14  EDD: 06/10/15  Miscarriage at 6w6d 10/22/14

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• We've used both in smoothies, but have only drank vanilla almond milk alone. I was nervous to try almond milk by itself (idk why), but turns out, it's delicious and I really like it! It's really sweet though, so we've switched to the unsweetened vanilla.

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"