Health & Exercise
Options

Exercising before TTC?

I want to get in better shape before we TTC. I'm thinking about running, but am looking for some other ideas.  Going to a gym isn't a big option as I travel for work full time with DH.  We live in a 5th wheel on the road so space is a premium. Any suggestions?  TIA!

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.

Re: Exercising before TTC?

• Options

I don't know what a 5th wheel is, so I'm sorry if this isn't a good suggestion...

But what about the Insanity workout series?  I did it twice before I got KU, was in awesome shape!  You don't need very much room.  I did it in our basement!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    try the couch-to-5k program (C25K) if you're not really a runner. And like PP mentioned... you can run anywhere. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kali55kali55 member

imageCrash Into Me:
    Running.  You can do it anywhere.

I second this!  Running is great exercise!  If you are looking at overall body improvement and weight loss, I would also recommend incorporating some strength training, which you can do at home in the form of push ups, sit ups and other exercises that strengthen using your body weight and/or items around the house 

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

A 5th wheel is a travel trailer that is towed in the bed of the truck so that part of the trailer sits over the bed of the truck.  It's 345 full square feet of living space!  :)  We are looking at larger models to upgrade to in anticipation of TTC.  I'll stop working but will spend most of our time together on the road as a family.

Anywho, I work 10hr days, 5 days a week, outside on my feet all day rain or shine.  So that's why I've procrastinated about running or exercising in general.  I've run before when I was in the Army, I just have to get my butt up at least on the weekends and start moving.

Thanks for the suggestions! 

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options
    get a set of dumbbells and do a weightlifting circuit 3-4x/week to get your muscle tone and cardio in at the same time =)
    LO #2, EDD Aug 5 =)
  • Options

a spin stationary bike! It does not take a lot of space and really fun. I used to travel for work a lot, a combo of both air/hotel or drive around the state all day. I totally understand how you feel, the last thing you want to do at the end of the day is workout, but as I got into it more and more, I felt bad if I didn't work out, I had a lot more energy the next day if I had worked out the night before.

We just started TTC, I have upped my workouts and really watching what I am eating and I am on prenatal vitamins.

Good luck to you. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"