Special Needs

Brag Day Wednesday!

Post 'em!
WAY 2 Cool 4 School

Re: Brag Day Wednesday!

• DS became a big brother Friday morning. DD is doing pretty well for being 4 weeks early and I was able to have the home birth I have been preparing and hoping for. (DS was Cesarian and I always felt like I didn't get to give birth to him.) DS is very gentle and interested with his baby sister, he is also talking up a storm and showing more interest in using the potty.
  • imageJcrab:
    DS became a big brother Friday morning. DD is doing pretty well for being 4 weeks early and I was able to have the home birth I have been preparing and hoping for. (DS was Cesarian and I always felt like I didn't get to give birth to him.) DS is very gentle and interested with his baby sister, he is also talking up a storm and showing more interest in using the potty.

Yeah to all of this. Party!!!

Congratulations!

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Loading the player...
  • Mine is related to Nate's first hippotherapy (horse therapy) last week.

The SLP doing the therapy kept going on and on about "what a natural" Nate was at riding. She said the little ones are really touch and go. Either they hate it and are scared or they really like it. Nate was "amazing". It's really great to hear that your kid is "amazing" at something. Big Smile

We go again this Saturday and I hope to see some more amazing stuff!.....

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• imageAssembly_Reqd:

imageJcrab:
    DS became a big brother Friday morning. DD is doing pretty well for being 4 weeks early and I was able to have the home birth I have been preparing and hoping for. (DS was Cesarian and I always felt like I didn't get to give birth to him.) DS is very gentle and interested with his baby sister, he is also talking up a storm and showing more interest in using the potty.

Yeah to all of this. Party!!!

Congratulations!

Thanks AR! Congrats to you and Nate with his hippotherapy success, that is so awesome! I look forward to more pics and stories. 

• DS#2 nearly has the sign down for *eat* and I haven't even used it very consistently, but I will now!  He signed it on my mouth, not his own, but I put him in his highchair and he ate, so we understood eachother, hehe.  Also, I can tell he is becoming more aware and more playful with other kids.  He and DS#1 were actually chasing eachother the other day and that is huge for him!  And his receptive language is definitely developing.  I'm certain he understands "time to go" and he did really well when I told him it was time for a bath the other night, he looked at me and walked right into the bathroom.  So yay. 
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Congrats to your family Auntie!  
  • DD1 has been doing actual pretend play lately, by herself. Yesterday Lightning McQueen and Finn McMissile had flat tires that needed fixing, with help from Simba. :) Today they were racing. It's so fun to hear her!

I don't know if this is exactly a brag, but it was definitely a perspective-changer for me. We had a playdate with a friend and a therapist on Saturday to work on social skills. I was surprised when our therapist actually said afterwards that DD1 had more social skills at work (inviting, reciprocating attention, back-and-forth) than this particular friend. It also really illustrated for me the difference between language and communication. I'm so stuck on the fact that DD1's language can be stilted, and odd, and scripted that sometimes I miss the fact that underneath that, she has vastly improved her understanding of the back-and-forth of communication and engagement with other people. The pragmatic speech part comes more slowly for her, but she really is getting a solid foundation to build on and that's very encouraging. 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"