Babies: 0 - 3 Months

2 month old not hungry in the morning?!

Hi all,

So my daughter is 2 months old and has recently decided she isn't hungry in the mornings:(.  She used to wake in the morning in eat right away.  However, the last few days she has been waking sometime between 5:30 am - 6:30 am and is not interested in eating AT ALL. 

She goes to bed around 8:30 pm after eating about 2.5-3.5 ounces of BM from a bottle.  She then wakes up sometime between 2-3 am for her night feeding and gets a full session in on the breast and falls right back to sleep.  The last few days she has started to wake in the mornings around 6 am and when I try to feed her she latches for less than a minutes gets in a couple sucks and then starts fussing??!!  I'll take her off the breast and cuddle with her or talk to her or walk around with her and then try to feed her again 10-15 minutes later and again, she will latch, suck a couple times and then unlatch and start fussing.  I concerns me because the last time she ate was at about 2 am (4 hrs ago).  I would assume she would wake up and be starving! 

Anyone else have a baby who doesn't seem hungry in the morning?  What kind of morning routine do you have?  Wake, play and back to sleep?  Any adivice would be greatly appreciated:).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2 month old not hungry in the morning?!

• My 5 week old can go 6 to 7 hours sometimes without being hungry. If your girl is eating well otherwise, I wouldn't stress too much. Good luck!

• DD is nearing 3 months and she's the same way. Our schedule is similar to yours -- down at 6:30 p.m., up between 2-4, awake for the day around 6. Half the time she's hungry when she wakes up, and half the time she's not hungry for awhile. If she doesn't seem hungry right when she wakes up, then I'll change her, play with her and feed her before her first morning nap, which is usually 1 - 1.5 hours from wake up. She usually gets hungry by then and will eat before going down.

If she's gaining weight and is happy, I wouldn't stress it. :)

CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD isn't always hungry when she wakes up either. Her night feedings vary, but often by the time she wakes up it's been a while. I offer, but if she isn't interested I don't worry about it. Sometimes she'll even take a morning cat nap before nursing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"