Cloth Diapering
Options

Ugh! Stupid Apartment Complex...

They won't let me sun my diapers in my window.  I had a few hanging in the window and one of the ladies from the office came down to give us an "official verbal warning" ::eye roll::

I suppose I can understand why.  Its just annoying. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ugh! Stupid Apartment Complex...

• Options
    why should they care what you hang on your windows? I find it odd they can actually tell you what you can and can't have hanging on them. Can they also tell you to get rid of curtains if they don't like them? LoL
  • Options

imageGismo123:
    why should they care what you hang on your windows? I find it odd they can actually tell you what you can and can't have hanging on them. Can they also tell you to get rid of curtains if they don't like them? LoL

This. Can you put it on your deck/ porch if you have one? Is it stated in your lease? Were the diapers hanging out of the window? I am not sure if this will have an effect on the sunning process, but can you close the window and hang them there??

• Loading the player...
  • Options

WHAT?!?! No maxi pads in the windows??? What fun are they!

In actuality - check your lease. If there are not specific clauses about what you can or cannot hang in your windows then they can take their verbal warning and....shove it.

Soon to be Big Sister Eowyn - DOB February 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
     BabyFruit Ticker

My family is a Foreign Service family. Families like mine are posted in every corner of the globe. We live our lives away from family, friends and the conviences and comforts of home. We often live and work in dangerous places among those that misunderstand our intentions and purposes. Sometimes members of our ranks sacrifice our lives to further diplomacy.  Please remember that we serve too. And I'm always open to questions.

• Options
    we have tons of rules like that in our area too (and I'm kind of glad for it, my neighbors would have all sorts of hideous things in their windows and in their lawns bringing down the neighborhood value).  Can you just put them on the floor infront of the window, or on the floor of the patio so that they're out of view?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    +MrsT++MrsT+ member
    Maybe you can put a drying rack (the fold up kind) in front of the window so the sun can still hit the diapers without having them actually hang in the window.

• Options

imageGismo123:

You laugh but my HOA requires any curtains/blinds that are visible from the street be white. My neighbors had some nice burgandy curtains put up in their living room but they didnt have white backs and they made them change them. (they put white blackout material behind it.)

• Options

You can also sun on the dashboard of your car.  I would just get a rack and sun in front of the window.

Maybe if you only did a couple at a time it would be less obvious? 

Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options

Our old apartment had a balcolony but here we have no outdoor space :( I might try a rack in front of the window...

They're actually really big on keeping things looking nice which I like (especially compared to our old place).  And I'm fairly certain that they've been showing an apartment above us so that might have something to do with it... And some of our neighbors aren't the classiest (of course, how classy is hanging up stained diapers in the window?) so I guess I'd rather management be sticklers about stuff than not care at all because I'd hate to see what the neighbors would try to get away with. 

• Options
    Last week I got a warning about the same thing I'm not allowed to have anything hanging out side on the balcony only chairs and table or plants are OK.I got so mad about it because I hand wash every day so I have to turn my office in to a laundry room a put a rop so that way I can hang my diapers I just make sure there is a lot of air flowing in the office and they dry very quickly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"