Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Baylor Downtown water birth friendly?

I was just wondering if any of you ladies have any information on Baylor's natural birth/ water birth policy? I've heard they are really supportive, but I'm just worried about them forcing things on me at different points even after they "say" they're supportive. Any thoughts? :) 
EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom

Re: Baylor Downtown water birth friendly?

• I have no idea, but have you checked into the birthing center downtown?  I have heard good things about them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No idea but have you talked with your OB about it? I delivered at Baylor Downtown 10 weeks ago and the hospital and my doctor were very accommodating of my all requests. It was my second C-section and my first was a very bad experience so I went into it with lots of special requests. I spent 4 days in the hospital and can honestly say I wouldn't have had anything differently. I would have no reservations about delivering there again.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my baby at Baylor downtown.  I had planned a natural birth, and yes they say all the right things.  I think it depends more on your nurse and your OB.  I delivered with a midwife, and we did rent a birth tub and were able to labor in the tub for a while.  I ended up with a c-section, and I am honestly not sure it was an actual "emergency" c-section as I was led to believe, but I don't blame the hospital for that.  Perhaps if circumstances had been different...

That being said, I will try to avoid a hospital at all costs if I can for the next baby.  I have also heard great things about the birth center that is right by Baylor.  If you are set on giving birth in the hospital, I would labor at home as long as possible!

• Depends on your OB.  The hospital will allow laboring in water, if your OB does.  Not sure about actual water birth.

As for the birth center - do diligence there.  It seems to have very mixed reviews and an unusually high transfer rate.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When I went to tour baylor downtown they said they are are very happy for you to labor in the tub. There are tubs in every room now after the renovation but that you cannot birth in the tub. Hope this helps you

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"