Minnesota Babies

U of M studies

Has anyone received a call asking if you are interested in having your child participate in a Spanish words study at the U of M?

I'm waiting on an email with more info before I decide if this is legitimate or not, but I do vaguely recall checking a box on some form stating I may be willing to have my son participate.

Just curious if you've gotten this call or have had your child participate in any study through the U.

Thanks!

ETA: Googled phone number & this is their website.

https://www.cehd.umn.edu/icd/elel/parents.html 

Re: U of M studies

• I did not get an invitation to that particular study, but I did participate in one at the U when DS was about 4 months old. It was about vision.

It was fine, quick, and they didn't touch DS or do anything I wasn't comfortable with. They were also very willing to end the study if he wasn't feeling cooperative, but he was so it was great. I got a small gift card for my participation.

DX PCOS, Endometriosis 2009
    Eliot. Born 6/18/10
    Missed m/c discovered 1/6/12 at 8-9 weeks
    D&C 1/10/12
    My Blog
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've had a few invites. I'm actually waiting on some more info right now for one about food allergies that our allergist told us about.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Shortly after I had DD I was contacted about being involved in one for pumping Moms but believe it or not, I was excluded from the study because I'd never even experimented in my lifetime with smoking or drinking...  It was totally odd because whomever designed the research project wasn't thinking because they didn't include an option for people who could answer "Never" for "When is the last time you had a cigarette/alcoholic beverage"...  It counted it as "refused to answer" and thus excluded from the research. 

You should be able to look up the research via the U of M website for the school in question.  There are a lot of students who are doing the research projects so you just need to decide if you want to do it or not.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"