Minnesota Babies
Options

How to find babysitters?

We have such a hard time establishing a babysitter that is available.  We have an awesome one that is 24 but she tends not to be available that much.  Need new suggestions on how to find more babysitters and we want them to be able to drive to our house and back home as that is just such a pain.

It was a long road for our family...our 3 angels in heaven are always watching over us!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: How to find babysitters?

• Options

care.com

I've never used it, but they prescreen and you can find sitters. Truthfully I find my sitters by references of people at work. Either their children or sitters they use for their children.

Good luck. I agree about having to go pick up your sitter - I hate doing that!

DX PCOS, Endometriosis 2009
    Eliot. Born 6/18/10
    Missed m/c discovered 1/6/12 at 8-9 weeks
    D&C 1/10/12
    My Blog
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Couple of ideas that worked very well for friends of mine:

first, one person posted an ad on a bulletin board at a nearby senior citizen housing complex. She got so many calls she had to turn people away, she said she felt bad as each person seemed so nice, many contacts were widows. The bulletin board post was a key, we always think internet, but for seniors, that is not the place they look. It also worked because there were people who weren't looking for a "job", but who thought it would be a great way to spend time and get extra spending money, and who of course have plenty of free time. 

second, not sure if you would consider a live-in nanny, but another friend posted ads in small town newspapers/on Craigslist for small towns. It was pretty easy for her to find someone from a small town who was interested in moving to the city.

Thought these were both worth mentioning as they are creative ideas that worked well.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have used care.com, and I loved it. We paid $30 for one month's membership and got a couple of great sitters out of it.
    Mom to little frog 8/07, Lucky Duck 5/10, & Little Lion 4/12
  • Options
    If you have a church home, you could ask the youth pastor for some suggestions of older teens who babysit. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"