February 2013 Moms

Beta almost doubled?

I went for my blood test last week...4 weeks 6 days. The numbers increased greatly but I was expecting them to double. The first was 1,615 and the second (48 hours later) was 2,746. Should I be concerned since it wasn't exactly doubled?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Beta almost doubled?

• imageDC2London:
    It's been 3 years since I"ve had betas, but I *believe* the old wisdom that it has to double within 48 hours has been revised, and that now as long as it is close to doubling in 48-72 hours they consider that good.  Did your doctor seem concerned?

Ok thanks, It was a nurse that gave me the results. I think she was having a bad day. Quick to get off the phone. She was not overly impressed by the numbers so its made me question it since.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • They dont have to double they just have to go up 60% to be viable.  AND once they are in that range they take longer to double anyway!  Youre totally fine!!!
    ~Formerly~AngnShaun~

~~Transferred 2 Perfect Embryos 5/28 - BFP 6/4~~ HAILEY ELIZABETH ~2/16/13~ 6:39am ~ 6lbs 2oz ~ 20" long ~ 1 Year ~ 20lbs 14oz ~ 29.25"~
    ~10.10 Ectopic, 4.11 Nat m/c 9w, 8.11, 1.12, 3.12 CPs~

Follow Me on Pinterest

Angela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (100-in-2012 shelf)
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I found this chart and included the website of where it is from, but you can see that once your beta reaches 1200, the doubling time gets longer and is still normal. I think you are fine. This chart says 72-96 hours. Also the time of day can matter too. If one was late afternoon and then the other early morning, you can't count it as 2 full days. There is a doubling time calculator on many websites and they have you enter in the time of the blood draws to be accurate. Hope this helps you feel a little better!

HCG Level

Doubling Time

< 1200

48 - 72 hours

1200 to 6000

72 - 96 hours

> 6000

> 96 hours
    https://www.baby2see.com/preconception/hcg.html
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • As JenScott said, as soon as you get above 1000 or so, the doubling time gets a little longer, so yours sounds just fine.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• imagekelly321:
    As JenScott said, as soon as you get above 1000 or so, the doubling time gets a little longer, so yours sounds just fine.

My hcg levels always slowed down once they hit 1000. Here are my betas from my first pregnancy (a healthy boy):

13dpo-219

17dpo-1004

23dpo-4362 As you can see, this number was a far cry from the 8000+ value I was expecting, but everything was fine.

Mom to 4 wonderful children: T(8), B(6) ,M(3), and A(1)
    baby #5 due 12-07-14
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"