Military Families

Rings

My husband is active ARMY. And when we go out and people see that he as a wedding ring on and I don't AND have a baby, we get some....less then great looks specially because most of our post is deployed (he is not because he is garrison). I would LOVE to be able to wear my wedding ring again but it just doesn't fit yet. Have yall ever dealt with this situation? if you how? and how soon should I be able to fit into them again?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Rings

• I'm sure you know this, but it really doesn't matter what they think. 

If it really bothers you, get a fake ring in a larger size to wear until yours fits again.   

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I wore my ring on a chain around my neck from 5mo PG until DS was 5 months old. If people didn't see the ring, I did get some strange looks even if they didn't know he was Army. I ended up having to get my ring resized an entire size larger to get it to fit. I lost all my weight, and it still didn't fit so that was my only choice. If you don't want to spend the money, (it can be pricey), you can always get a nice looking stand in from Macys or even Claire's for cheap.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I lasted about two weeks without my ring on, before I went to Wal-Mart and purchased a fake wedding band set for about $40.  It's not as pretty as my real set, but it does it's job and it feels so much better having something there representing our marriage.  It's stopped the comments that I had received from people such as "Your not wearing your ring!  Has your husband bailed on you and the baby?"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Those looks are probably more in your head than anything. You are self-conscious about it, and it makes you paranoid. That doesn't mean there aren't some nasty looks, but I'd bet it isn't as much as you think.

If it bothers you, buy a fake set. If it were me, I wouldn't care. I run errand with my kids all the time, and I forget to out my rings on all the time.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Go get a fake ring. Anytime I have to go without my set I have a fake I wear. I personally see it as showing respect for my husband.

BFP 4/4/12 CP 4/10/12

9/20/2013 Came home with our little miracle from the Philippines

11/26/2013 Surprise!!! BFP!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My husband never wears his ring b/c 1. It's too small (his hands swell at night) and 2. He can't wear it at work (electrician who works 5 days a week, 10-12 hours a day). He does keep it on his keys though, so if we're out and he wants to put it on, he can. I agree with PP, just wear yours on a necklace or get a fake. 

imageimageimage

Married my Best Friend 5/24/09~BFP 8/6/2012~EDD: 4/10/2013~Induced 4/4/2013, Delivered4/5/2013~DX: Type 2 Diabetes(2011)

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"