June 2011 Moms

What is LO getting their dad for father's day?

I am so torn on this.  I hat to just get a couple shirts he likes, but I also don't think he likes the sappy cheesy gifts as much as I like giving them to him.  So, what are you getting?

Re: What is LO getting their dad for father's day?

• DH is getting two Phillies tickets from me and a hat and a shirt (Phillies) from DD.  DH and I will go to the game together.
  • I went all out for his birthday so definitely scaled fown: a Steelers grill vover and my photog is supposed to have a print ready from our session last week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DS is getting him an iPhone. I bought him a replacement wedding band since he lost his earlier this year. It was a tungsten ring and was only fifty bucks! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS is getting DH a personalzed grill utensil set. Some of the pieces say "Dad of the Year." I will also probably get some kind of cute shift for DS to wear....something that mentions Dad.  I got him a Omaha steak package and a charcoal grill. I may also get something sappy too since it's his first Father's Day.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I made a mug with her handprint at a paint your pottery place. When I was pregnant, that happened on a show we watch, and MH thought it was too cute, so I decided to do it then :)

I got him a french press, because his broke, and I made him a Shutterfly book just of pictures of him and LO, because I am a huge sap like that. 

• We're giving him 2 books that he said he wants, and a double picture frame with a picture of him and Clara on one side, and Clara's hand print on the other side. Pretty simple, but I figure it gives him something to enjoy and something heartfelt. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageRemmieRis:
    DH wants a new Smith & Wesson. They are expensive, but we get discounts on them so I agreed. Plus I got a realllllly expensive camera for mother's day. I might get him a cheesy gift to go with it!

My H got a smith and Wesson for Christmas!

• Joe runs so DD got him the Nike Fuel band ( watch ) . It is a little pricey but they got me a mother's ring from James Avery and the bigger Keurig for Mother's Day so I really can't complain.
  • nfrtnynfrtny member

DS was born on Fathers day, so I feel like its a very sentimental holiday. I think I'm going to take a picture of the three of us on Saturday, which is DS's party, and have it blown up to frame :) I'm looking forward to it, right now we don't have any family pictures up anywhere, so I think it'll be great and I think DH will like it 

• We generally do smallish gifts, so DS is getting DH a "toddler owner's manual" - a hopefully funny book I found on ThinkGeek. Not sure what I'm getting him but probably a "day off" - it's what he said he wanted.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • I haven't decided yet, but was thinking of a new lawn mower or keyless remote start for his car.  DH and a neighbor has joked that since we had DS that when he gets older he can mow.  DS is also getting him the ABC Cub's book.  I'm not a Cub's fan and the other day DH said DS needed some more ABC things.  We were shopping this weekend and he picked it up.  I told him no we weren't getting him that.  He thought it was because I am a Cardinal fan and told me he would buy it for DS.  He doesn't know I've already bought it for him and I hope he doesn't get it this week on his own.
  • DH shaves with an old school badger hair brush, straight blade razor and shave soap. I make his shave soap usually, so I got him a mug from shutterfly with a picture of him and DS on it and will fill it with his soap.

My food & craft blog: Fraises et Tartines

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2: 9/29/12; EDD 6/8/2013; m/c 10/5/2012

BFP#3: 1/29/13; EDD 10/5/2013 - Baby Claire arrived 10/6/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"