Baby Showers
Options

Baby shower - picture game

I am planning a baby shower for my bffl. We are doing a few little games just to get people talking and having fun (I know from her bridal shower, these people need a catalyst to mingle). 

I think a good one will be having guests submit baby pictures of themselves, and then everyone guesses who it is. I want to include a request with the invite to have them email pictures (that way I don't have to worry about it when the shower is starting and I have a million other things to do).

My question for you all is this, I am looking for a cute poem to request this from the guests. Any ideas?

TIA! 

Re: Baby shower - picture game

• Options
    I don't think you need to have a poem to introduce the game, just add it to the invites.  We played the same game at friend's shower and it was really fun!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    There is no room on the invite itself, so I am putting in a separate slip of paper. I guess I don't really need a poem, but I just think it would be cute and a little more interesting/less boring. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If these people already have a difficult time talking to each other, do you think they really want to pick out each other's baby pictures? I doubt it.  Plus, as a guest I'd be kind of annoyed at having to find a baby picture of me, then scan it to the computer, then email it to you.  I'd probably wouldn't do it, especially considering all of my baby pictures are at my parent's house, which is really far away.  I think you're asking already awkward guests to do a lot of work.
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

It's annoying to have to pick out a baby picture and remember to take it. Don't be surprised if people forget.

If you need an activity to get people talking, you could have guests fill out pages guessing things about the newborn. Pass out separate color sheets labeled for hair color, eye color, weight, favorite food, first word etc. The guests write their prediction with their name next to it. And after they are filled out, put them in a photo album for the mom-to-be. She'll have a keepsake and something fun to look through later. also, it doesn't require much prep or effort on the guests' part.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"