Parenting after 35
Options

Your Weekend Earwig

So this one has multiple levels of awesomeness for me.....

1.  In high school or early college, I shaved the hair over my ears ala Cyndi Lauper.  I am reminded of this tragic fashion faux paus every day when I look into the mirror and see how weird that hair is now.. all wiry and odd-looking.   Lesson learned.

2.  My Sr. year of high school, our girls glee club sang this song in our all-school variety show.  My best friend and I got to make up the movements to go along with the song.  I thought I WAS Cyndi Lauper.

3.  At one point I had a Capt. Lou Albano sweatshirt.  It was my favorite drinking shirt in college.  I wonder what happened to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIb6AZdTr-A

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Your Weekend Earwig

• Options

I love this song! and you got to do that to your hair for realz? I'm a youngster here - I was in mid-elementary school when this came out. My friend would have sleep overs and we'd play Madonna, Cyndi, and Tina. I also love the movie with the same name and appreciate it being on Netflix.

In HS our Spanish teacher would have us conjugate verbs to "She Bop." 

• Options
    steverstever member

I had that cassette I think, but she was never one of my faves. I think I was a bit too young to really dig her. Though her song from The Goonies makes me smile.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Wow.. what school did you go to?  I thought She Bop was all about, um, self-gratification.

Oh.. if I could find the pictures when my hair was shaved on the sides.  It was really more of a blonde mullet than anything wild and crazy.

• Options

Ooooh.. I love google!  Just found this on Ebay.

THAT was my shirt!  Man, if I only had it now, I could be $59.99 richer!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Captain-Lou-Albano-WWF-t-shirt-WCW-TNA-Rock-N-Wrestling-80s-/260953664608

• Options
    I bopped to that song. My girls love it. I think we were into the high bangs at that point, and we were dressed somewhere between Flashdance and Madonna with a bit of neon. It was a train wreck.
  • Options
    It's the theme song of my 8th birthday party video lol.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    imageBrideBuddies:

Wow.. what school did you go to?  I thought She Bop was all about, um, self-gratification.

Oh.. if I could find the pictures when my hair was shaved on the sides.  It was really more of a blonde mullet than anything wild and crazy.

I know, right?? She was a very eccentric lady - that particular HS (went to 3!) was in a small, conservative town outside of Boston. 

• Options

LOVE THIS SoNG!

It's my ringtone for my BFFs! 

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"