Nurseries and Baby Gear

Car base compatible w chicco keyfit?

We need to get an extra base for our chicco keyfit 30. Are there any based that work with this car seat other than the chicco? I'm asking only because the base is $75

Re: Car base compatible w chicco keyfit?

• ToraniTorani member
    The Chicco Keyfit can be installed with a seatbelt without a base. Check your manual. You could always hit up Craigslist too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No - each brand of carseat is only compatible with the same brand base designed for that series of seat.  I would never risk the safety of my baby to save a few bucks - if cost is a concern, just use the seatbelt with the seat.  It is less convenient, but just as safe.

ETA: Not at all saying that you are prioritizing $ over safety! I would also rather use a seatbelt than buy a used carseat or base.

April 2012 Mamas Blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Look! I put the diaper on the baby! image Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

• Loading the player...
  • i agree, id rather use the seatbelt than a used base. You just can't know that a used based from craigslist wasn't in an accident.
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • FWIW, we didn't use our extra base nearly as much as we thought we would.  Unless you are sure you'll use it a ton, you could wait on this.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • As PP have said, if you want the extra base then you will need to buy the Chicco version.  Otherwise, learn how to install it with a seatbelt.  It's not that difficult.

We used the second base a ton because both my husband and I handle day care drop offs and pick ups.  We were very happy to have it.  But, if you can't afford it, it is not that difficult to install using the seat belt.  We did this fairly often in the grandparents' cars. 

• We ordered an extra base from Amazon last week. I was going to wait for the completion discount, but it went on sale for $60. The convenience and peace of mind is well worth it to me!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We ordered our extra Chicco base from Walmart & I remember it was much cheaper (that was a while ago though).  We didn't use it at all & ended up selling it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"