1st Trimester
Options

Surprise at Appt!

Hi ladies! Yesterday I went in for my annual exam with my OBGYN. She asked if there was a possiblity if I could be pregnant and I said yes, but highly unlikely. We've been TTC since November and May was a particularly overwhelming and stressful month, and I figured my period was late because of that. I'd been talking myself out of all symptoms because I wanted to guard myself against getting my hopes up and I hadn't taken a HPT because I just didn't want to let my head go to that place only to be let down.

She ended up giving me an ultrasound and confirmed I was, in fact, pregnant! 5 1/2 weeks!!! The  tears started right there :) My husband and I are so excited, but we don't want to tell anyone because of course a miscarriage is possible. But I'm SO happy and had to spill the beans somewhere!!!

Re: Surprise at Appt!

• Options
    congrats!!!!!!!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That's awesome! How did you tell your husband?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!x
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I was dying to just call him right away, but of course he was out of town for work! He was flying home in a few hours, so I ran to Hobby Lobby, came home and whipped up some t-shirts for our two furbabies - our cats. Prolly sounds cheesy, but  I put our youngest cat, Jack, in a shirt that said "I'm Going to Be a BIG Brother" and our other cat Goose in a shirt that said "Me too! Me too!" Then I set up the video camera and waited for him to come home so I could catch his reaction. He saw Jack first and just looked at me shocked, and asked "Wait..sWhat?" I started tearing up and he got the biggest grin and said "Are you serious?!" I think we are both in shock and couldn't be more excited :)

• Options
    So happy for you!! Congrats!
    BabyFetus Ticker Labor buddy to LaceAndLilies
  • Options
    Congratulations!!! :)
  • Options
    Awwwww....congratulations!
    TTC #1 since 02/2010
    Cycle #26
    Me (30) DH (29)
    Internal Ultrasound 2/8/12: Fibroids
    HSG 2/17/12: Tech said Blocked but RE said Clear
    DH SA 2/15/12: low sperm count 8 mil, 3/21/12: 1.5 mil
    SHG 3/16/12: perfect!
    BFP 5/2/12!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
    EDD 01/07/13
    Beta #1 5/3-1,628
    Beta #2 5/7- 5,804
  • Options
    yay!!! I just cried a little for you! Congrats!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageStinaMcB:

I was dying to just call him right away, but of course he was out of town for work! He was flying home in a few hours, so I ran to Hobby Lobby, came home and whipped up some t-shirts for our two furbabies - our cats. Prolly sounds cheesy, but  I put our youngest cat, Jack, in a shirt that said "I'm Going to Be a BIG Brother" and our other cat Goose in a shirt that said "Me too! Me too!" Then I set up the video camera and waited for him to come home so I could catch his reaction. He saw Jack first and just looked at me shocked, and asked "Wait..sWhat?" I started tearing up and he got the biggest grin and said "Are you serious?!" I think we are both in shock and couldn't be more excited :)

I just cried over that! Congrats!  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congrats.
  • Options
    Congrats!!!
  • Options
    imageBethbsn06:
    imageStinaMcB:

Me too! So happy for you. Congratulations! 

• Options
    What a wonderful surprise!! Congratulations :-)
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
    1/1 Spotting, 1/3 beta 36,000, 1/5 u/s empty sac measuring 7w (9w5d), 1/6 d&c
    You will always be loved & missed our sweet angel.
  • Options
    imageBethbsn06:
    imageStinaMcB:

Yep, tears here too!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
    1/1 Spotting, 1/3 beta 36,000, 1/5 u/s empty sac measuring 7w (9w5d), 1/6 d&c
    You will always be loved & missed our sweet angel.
  • Options
    imageStinaMcB:

That is too sweet! I love this!

Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!! Such a sweet surprise!
  • Options
    That is so awesome! I had something similar happen to me, but i just had the pee test at the dr. LOL. HH9M!
  • Options
    imageMee83shell:
    imageBethbsn06:
    imageStinaMcB:

Yep, tears here too!

I gotta triple this one.  What wonderful news!  Congratulation and positive vibes that everything will progress normally. 

• Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    imageStinaMcB:

That is super sweet. I'm happy for you! 

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    Thats wonderful! Congrats!
  • Options
    Wow - thank you so much for all the sweet messages! It feels so great to be able to share the news! It still feels surreal, but amazing. I can't believe my body is beginning to create a lil life!
  • Options
    This post just made my day! 
    Lost but never forgotten <3 : </br> 1st BFP 2/8/06 m/c @ 12 weeks; 2nd BFP 2/9/07 w/ Clomid; DD (Monica Caroline) born 11/16/07; 3rd BFP 3/25/11 w/ injections m/c @ 5 weeks; 4th BFP 8/3/11 w/ injections diagnosed blighted ovum; 5th BFP 1/20/12 m/c @ 9 weeks; 6th BFP 4/27/12 Praying for our rainbow Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    What a lovely surprise! Congrats!!
  • Options
    What a pleasant surprise!!! I guess things really happen when you least expect them. Congrats and cheers to a happy & healthy pregnancy!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"