Ohio Babies

Ohio Staycation

Athena0809Athena0809 member
edited July 2021 in Ohio Babies

I'm trying to get ideas for a mini vacation in Ohio because we don't want to drive more than 2-3 hrs but we do want a change of scenery from Columbus. We have a big trip to New England at the end of September for my SIL's wedding (which will be costly!) but it won't be a beach type of weather so I'm hoping to do a more summer type of trip closer to home. Someone suggested the Cleveland/lake but since I'm not native to Ohio I'm not familiar with anything besides Columbus. Any suggestions? TIA!

Re: Ohio Staycation

• You could do Cleveland. I've never been a huge fan of the area but there is plenty to do depending on your interests. Same with Cincinnati. There is always Amish Country. Ohio has some cute bed & breakfast type places if that is something you would be interested in.

I guess it comes down to what you want to do while you are there.

Going to Put-n-bay is an option. If you are pregnant I wouldn't suggest staying on the actual island because it is PARTY central (fun when not preggers) but you can stay in the area in a condo and have pool access and lake access. That would be a nice time.

• I love to go on day trips to Cincinnati. Newport on the Levee is just over the bridge into Kentucky, they have great shopping, restaurants and an aquarium. IKEA and Jungle Jim's supermarket are awesome stores just north of the city. Have you been to the Columbus zoo? We haven't been yet this year, so excited to take DS.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Old Man's Cave/Hocking Hills is a very neat place and there are tons of cabins around to rent! It's only about 1 hour from Columbus!
  • Pittsburgh is a fun city with tons to do! It's about 3 hours from here, it's a pretty easy drive :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am going to second what Hunnybunny said about Cincinnati.  We did a "staycation" there last year (what a cute term!) for our anniversary, and had a lovely experience.  We stayed at the Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, which is a historic art deco building downtown. Stay on one of the top floors if you get the chance. The city views from our room were amazing! When we mentioned to one of the staff that it was our anniversary, he had complimentary chocolate dipped strawberries and champagne sent to our room.

For fun we went to the Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal. It's actually several museums for the price of one, with a different experience in each wing... a history museum, a natural science museum, a children's museum, and a giant IMAX screen plays neat documentaries rather like they have at COSI.  If you are a fan of COSI like we are, you will probably like this place!

And yes... before heading back to Columbus, I demanded a visit to IKEA.  I love that place so much.

- Whitney

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimage
  • Thanks for all the suggestions ladies!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"